Electrical & Lights Unidentified sound

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Greenveg, Sunday 7th Aug, 2016.

1. Greenveg New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Harold Wigan
    I own a Civic 2014 Petrol 1.8L Manual 5 doors ES I-VTEC. Lately, I have been hearing a faint (beep/dink) sound when the car is parked in my
    drive. It sounded like it was coming from the engine compartment, but when I lifted the bonnet, it souned like it was coming from inside the car.
    I do little mileage now, the car has 4000 miles on the clock, and I was wondering could it be a low battery warning of some sort. The car starts
    perfectly, and as far as I can see, everything is working as normal on the car. I would greatly appreciate if anybody has an idea for this sound.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello Harold and welcome to Honda Karma. :Hey:
    It is customary for new members to tell us a little about themselves, their Honda(s) and their Honda history in the introductions section (link below)

Introduce Yourself

It is also helpful to add you your Honda to the Club Garage and give yourself an avatar, as this helps us when helping you.
    How to add your vehicle to the Club Garage
    How to Add or Change your Avatar

I don't own a Civic, so will leave it to those that do to help with this one.
  3. Greenveg New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Harold Wigan
    I forgot to mention, the sound is intermittent, about once every 40 seconds. I thought it might be with the alarm/ immoliser being on.
    I turned off the alarm, but the sound persists.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pass but when you turn the car off all DBW throttle body will click and flutter after you turn the ignition off. The TB butterfly flap is recalibrating itself and will cause a clicking sound for 10 second after the car is turned off.

Now this is not what you are facing so can't say for sure mate.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

can you record it on video?