Electrical & Lights Unlock everything at once?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by G12, Friday 16th Nov, 2012.

1. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the central locking to unlock all the doors and boot at once?
    On my car I have to unlock it which only does the drivers door, then wait a couple of seconds before unlocking again to do the rest. It annoys the hell out of me now especially with no1 girlfriend getting soaked in the rain for the extra time it takes for me to open her door too. I can be sat on my seat before the car will unlock her side if it's raining hard!
    This is the sort of thing that is normally selectable but I see no mention of it in the manual.
  2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

I am sure you don't have to wait.just press unlock button twice and all doors are unlocked.
    Never really paid much attention to this,off to work in 2 sec I will try it.
    Not sure if there is any settings to change it.
  3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ditto what Zoran said.

Press the button twice immediately and it all unlocks. Also, the boot opens even when you press the button once when the drivers door is opened.
  4. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im used to it as my ibiza did the same i found it funny when i could get in the car amd the girlfriend was out side getting wet lol

if you press the button twice it will unlock all doors and boot
  5. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will try pressing it twice quickly then but it only seems to let me open the other doors after a couple of seconds so far. Maybe it's just like having to get the double click speed on a mouse right.
    I don't mind my girlfriend getting wet as such but my left ear doesn't necessarily like what follows, she's usually spent an eternity getting her hair perfect and then the rain seems able to undo it all in about 10 seconds flat, so she sorta has a point.
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, the boot opens at the same time as the drivers door. If your mrs wants to get in the car etc and you want to save the hearing capability in your left ear, perhaps you should introduce her to the boot?

Hehe, just kidding bud!
    PeteMM likes this.
  7. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Someone uploaded a manul on here, i was browsing thorugh it and there was section about accessing a menu on the dash that allowed you to select what was unlocked and locked.. will see if I can find it..
  8. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

SajA, sometimes I wish she'd get in the boot too! She's not that bad really but it's best not to irritate her :Smile:

Nick, I'd be interested to hear your findings as normally that's something you have control over. I've had a few BMW's in the past and although you need to get a dealer to select all your options, there are many tweaks you can make.
  9. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

found the manual on my laptop it says key in ignition, position 2 press and hold the info button for three seconds and menu appears in the dash.. tried it quickly and menu does appear, seems to have number of settings.. its a 2009 acura tsx manual.. so may have additional bits we don't..
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nick I will have a look just remind me ..
  11. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I just double click as well, opens all doors immediately
  12. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nick, I will investigate that when I get home and report back here.
    I'm presently away working so it'll be a little while.
  13. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll give that a try today.

The number of times in a month where I mutter "f*&$n Honda" after realising I have to get the key back out my pocket to 2nd click it to open any of the doors other than the drivers is staggering.
    I've seen a few threads related to this subject on AO/HK, most people seem to get used to just double clicking it first time - but I've had many years of ingrained only needing to press the remote fob button once to overcome lol.
    I asked other drivers in the office and it seems all other manufacturers make it a user or dealership option that can be easily changed.
    If the Acura manual feature doesn't work i'll phone the dealership & ask.

It's no big deal, but as an annoyance its probably one of the few things that I consider a negative about the Accord (which is a good sign).
    #1. The double click unlock.
    #2. The HFT periodically setting itself to German language for no reason i can fathom. Every time it then asks you if you want to continue to change to german - you say "no" - it then continues to change to German... Bizarre.
    That's about it.

Now if I was making a list of negatives for the Alfa Romeo 156 I had before the Accord... the tinterweb would run out of characters...

Cheers, Mark.
  14. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tried this method with the "Info" button all sorts of other dash buttons - turns out it’s the RHS steering wheel "i" (combined with up arrow) button (down arrow button also works).
    The menu pops up in the dash/dials info area - unfortunately there's no option for anything to do with the locking system.
    Tried most other buttons on the steering wheel & dashboard - no result.

Here's what options there are (might be in manual?):-

> Speed Alarm
    > Change Settings > Warning Message
    > Adjust Outside Temp Display
    > Trip A Reset With Refuel
    > Elapsed Time Reset​
    > Language
    > Default All
    > Exit

It's too late to phone the dealership today, I'll do it next week.
    Cheers, Mark.
  15. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Also if you hold the unlock button, all the windows roll down till you let go. If you hold lock, the windows go all they way up unless you let go.
    Rakoribs likes this.
  16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is that 'Lazy Locking' function on all 8th Generation ?
    Really good if it is.
    Had it on my 5th Generation :Smile:
    Racy Jace likes this.
  17. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure. It's on my lazy 8th Generation diesel anyway :Icecream: i
  18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's was 'essential' when my little ones left the windows open, or someone forgot to close the sunroof :Whistle:
  19. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Didnt know that one - i'll give it a try, cheers Jase. Mark.