Electrical & Lights Uploading Phone Book to the car

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by SkySkillsChris, Wednesday 1st Aug, 2012.

1. SkySkillsChris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Can anyone help me in the best way to upload my HTC phone book to the car's phone system please? I have tried using the bluetooth connection but no luck. Although the bluetooth works fine for hands free calling, it won't transfer the phone book.
    Do I need to connect via the USB and are there any special commands?
    Thanks

Chris

2. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If its a 7th Generation you can`t. Bluetooth only works by storing up to 50 numbers in the cars memory and voice dialling

Edit: just noticed this is in the 8th Generation section, apologies

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When I set up the first time on my 2013 Accord the entire process of pairing and uploading was done in one shot as there was no prior config.
    I have to say the entire process was so easy it is a million time better than any German car.. it has to be.

Chris I will find the command for you . IIRC it command called phone book transfer and it has to be done when the car is stationary..

4. SkySkillsChris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Ichiban, thanks again for the offer of help. I have been a complete numpty!
    My HTC One X paired without issue (2008 8th Generation Accord). I checked with HTC and the phone supports PBAP so uploading the phonebook should have worked.
    The reason the car could not connect to the phone via bluetooth to upload the phonebook was all down to me!. When I pressed the "upload" button, the car tried to connect to the phone but the phone - on silent - needed me to "approve" the connection. As it was on silent, in the arm-rest cubby hole, I had no idea I needed to approve the connection. Yesterday, I did this again but with the phone in my hand, not on silent, I agreed to the connection and it all went fantastically well from there. 300+ number transferred in about 5 mins. And the samples I chose yesterday all worked. :Happy:
    Apologies for being so dense and maybe setting hares running.
    Thanks again for the considered thoughts and help.

Chris

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Happy days good when things just work.

6. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iphone 5 phonebook set up???

Can anybody help, I have a 8 Gen Accord with HFT, Sat nav, bluetooth etc and an Iphone 5, I can connect the phone via bluetooth but cannot download my numbers to phonebook! Has anybody managed to do this if so could you share your knowledge?
    thanks

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Iphone 5 phonebook set up???

If you press INFO button on your dashboard (next to menu button) on the screen you should see Phonebook.
    Select that and follow instructions from there.Make sure your phone is paired and connected at the time.
    It works for my poor Android.Hope it works for superior Iphone.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi.
    I agree with post number 4 as directed by @Ichiban above.
    I had exactly the same with my Samsung Galaxy Ace, I even contacted support@hondahandsfree-eu.com but I found that although there was not a previously stored phone book there were stored contacts.
    I managed to to clear everything by doing some sort of reset and realised that I had to allow (or approve) the phone book upload from my phone, which I did and hey presto all contacts uploaded.
    Cheers,
    Ampers

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info just sorted my phone and phone book

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  11. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    even though I did this the very first day I got my car, I find you cannot voice dial unless you save voice memos against each number?

or is there more to it

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah nothing like that mine just work ,I say call home and it does.

13. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I see. I'll try that next time.

Also noticed that when I dial out from my iPhone, the bluetooth doesn't kick in until the other person answers or goes to voicemail. Don't hear the outgoing ring.