Dealers/Garages Upping Prices Query

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by DeviateDefiant, Monday 25th Mar, 2013.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Over the weekend I've been in dire need of some new front brake pads, infact I can't even drive my car at the moment as it's pretty close to just metal on metal. Needing to get it sorted straight away I gave Lightcliffe Honda (Liverpool) a call to book my car in.

They priced it at £140, it's pretty well known that Honda Happiness certify a fixed cost of £105. I mentioned it and immediately the price dropped.

Am I missing something here? Or why on earth are Honda trying to charge over the top?

EDIT: Not trying to make Honda look bad, I'm just curious as to what happened here. Garages/dealerships in general already get a lot of bad press for the select few who try to scam customers.

Last edited: Monday 25th Mar, 2013
  2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not the first time I've heard of this.
    The happiness prices I think are set by Honda, but I think some dealers forget they exist sometimes.:Whistle:

Last edited: Monday 25th Mar, 2013
  3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda happiness is a suggested price for dealers. Some may charge more, some may charge less, and some may charge that price.

I suppose they are counting on people's ignorance. It happens in all industries.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Well I went in this morning to Lightcliffe Honda, pulled up at 9:10am to get my front pads replaced, wasn't out till 12:30pm. Tried to invoice me again for £140 until I stuck my foot down, also tried to convince me to get new disks as apparently they were 'worn' - I haven't checked yet but the disks are about 6-8 weeks old, I do doubt it.

That all said, complementary wash/vac was a nice gesture.