Body, Paint & Styling Urrrgghh Squeak

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Tuesday 29th Jul, 2014.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Got a dam squeak from what sounds like the glovebox area. It's driving me mad :Rant:.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Its not something inside the glove box is it?

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Checked that. Reading the US forums it seems like the glove box hinges are a common cause of a squeaking so I'll have a look at them later.

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Can't find anything dash related but the windscreen trim on that side is completely loose, I'm now thinking it's the windscreen or retaining clips?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Possibly. Can't say without hearing the sound. Don't think there's any known common causes of this.

Also US and Uk cars will have different problems buddy, so you can't rely on the info you find on USDM cars to apply to UKDM cars.

6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

There's a grey clip that's come out with the windscreen trim, I'm presuming this was originally secured down the side of the glass. There's two other clips above it that are loose. Looking around on the the net it's not clear how these are secured though I have seen one mention of 3M tape. Being a tourer the strip runs the full length which won't help when replacing the clips. I'll order the clips and see what they look like.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I bought some squeak-tape and has done the trick on the annoying noise from the passenger foot well (plus the rattle from below the glovebox) :gotcha: