ICE & HFT Usb stick to play music

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Tim Martin, Thursday 10th Dec, 2015.

1. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    another question from a new owner
    Thanks in advance

I managed to get the stereo to play folders of my sub stick which I am delighted about.

My question is can I leave this plugged in all the time even with engine off without draining the battery? I'm guessing yes it's safe as the usb stick doesn't have a battery to charge so there will be no trickle charge..

Tim

2. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi tim, I would imagine so as the stereo only powers up with the ingnition in the accessory position (unless changed). It should only power the stick when power to the stereo.
    Does the stick light up when in use? If does and goes off when the keys are out of the car then theres your answer lol

3. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    It doesn't have a light indicator on it and is a standard 16 gig Sandisk memory stick.
    If the stereo powers down when the ignition is taken out it sounds like it's all good.

I'll see if I have a stick with a light on it and test if light still on when car locked - good point

4. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Leave my USB stick in all the time, only comes out when i want to change the music

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Mine is in all the time.
    However I do top up the battery with my Optimate from time to time, as I don't use my Accord as often as I would like.
    I don't think you will have any problems Tim.

6. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Mines also left in all the time and no problems in 4 years

7. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    You'll be fine but if the USB is capable of charging a phone by plugging it in there then just check the charging stops when the stereo goes off

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No issue whatsoever