General Used car prices?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primarycare, Monday 20th May, 2013.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I have kind of decided (after our meet at HH) that i was going to sell my diesel for a petrol Accord 7th Generation.

I have started looking for a tourer or even a saloon but my preference being a tourer.

Now is it just me or are these going up in price? All of the dealers I have spoken to have said the same thing cars are hard to get hold of. With a price in mind around £5k there seems little to choose from. The cars I have viewed were in my mind sheds next to what I have now. Mine is not mint but what I have seen offered as near mint is a joke.

I can't afford the MK8I really want and would be very happy with another 7 with the wife having recently got a brand new motor my finances won't stretch to a nearly new 8th Generation tourer.. Bugger and all that..

I am after a ex or Type-S preference being the full leather and I like a sun roof but could live with the Type-S.
    Plus Lack of sat nav I am not worried about to much but just can't find anything worth buying...

I looked at a 2.2 exec in gray described as 1 owner FSH and mint condition with 78k on the clock.. Tosh looked more like 178 although all the history stacked up, was a saloon to and up for £4995 mine made it look rough as old boots :Smile:

Little frustrated - could it be the time of year? or is it a case there is. genuine shortage out there? If you went on condition mileage history etc next to what i have seen to date I recon mine would be worth more than I paid for it over a year ago. Yeah I could keep mine but my milage does not justify a diesel any more plus I have an itch I need to scratch :Smile:

Anyone seen any Good cars about??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You leave that to me .. I will be in touch on the 28th. expect your phone to become red hot.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What on the 28th bud? got to shift my bus as well. Know any one after a nice diesel well sorted with mega Honda history?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    28th is an important date lets just say that eh.. I will find you that car you take however long it takes to shift that derv wagon your car will be there.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im thinking you may have contacts I don't :Smile:
    Well good stuff. Have car (for now will travel) condition spec and condition more important to me than saloon or tourer. I like the tourer but would rarely use the space and I have a hsnfa top box now for the kids junk on holidays :Smile:

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry can't help you on this but hope you find a good one.
    If I do happen to see one I will post it here.
    Good luck in your search.I searched for mine for a while and it paid off.

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers Z

I'm in no rush but doing about 12k a year diesel seems pointless now. I have trawled the net and been to see a few but I am amazed at the poor quality of cars out there at the moment. Does not help I am a fussy git either :lol:

There is a guy in Coventry who I bought my accord from and he almost only sells used Honda, but has nothing close to my price other than a 2.4 which is too thirsty for me and a 8th Generation which is more than I can afford. My slush fund I have been saving for my next motor has been blown on Computers for the Kids (their need was greater than mine) to be fair my accord is running great so can hang on to it with no worries but just want a change and fancy petrol again. Will be odd after so many miles/years of diesel ownership.

Cheers again bud.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Keith, I'm still driving round in a diesel Civic, boy am I missing my 2.4 Accord :Sobbing:

The diesel torque does nothing for me, hopefully will be back in a petrol (well technically LPG) Accord soon.

9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah, I will miss the torque though. Still will soon forget the whole diesel nightmare of recent years (Not Honda related Audi and VW)
    The cost of repairs to the Audi and Vdubs has been staggering!!!! Never ever again will I venture to the German side.. Ever....

The thing I will miss most is 550 plus miles to a tank of oil :Sobbing: still never mind:Smile:

Just need to find the right car with the right mileage in the right color with the right spec.. How hard can it be :Crazy::Cat::Crazy:

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm confuddled.com?

I got my car at £3,500 which is a 2005 2.4 executive and had 60K on the clock with a full Honda service history and other than some fairly routine stuff it's been a good car so far, so for £5K I'd expect a lot more, definitely a facelift one.

11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep facelift is what i am after. Still looking but not seen a good one yet. Looked at one in Luton but honestly you would not have bought it hardly the "excellent " condition it was advertised for and at 4.5k !! I think not. Still will keep searching.

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It took me a while to find one at the right price, although I was looking for the 2.4 Executive which are pretty rare up here. When they do crop up they want £5K+ for them yet across the border you can get the same spec about £1,500 cheaper! At least you have location to your advantage! lol

When I called the dealer to let him know I'd be coming the next day he said he would hold it for me for a £200 deposit, which I wasn't keen on but he put it in writing (email) to me that if I came down and didn't like it then he would refund it in full - just so long as I came down. This inspired confidence that it was a decent car and thankfully he was being honest :Smile:

I'm sure you've got all the usual car places saved but here's a list that I used:

Arnold Clark (I was desperate)
    Autotrader
    Evans Halshaw (although they seem to be hugely expensive!!!!)
    Exchange and Mart
    Gumtree (HPI big time!)
    Honda Main Dealer Used Network
    Macklin Motors (part of that Vertu group which I think is all linked into the official used Hondas)
    Macrae & Dick
    Motors.co.uk
    Parkers Used Cars
    Parks Motor Group
    S1 Cars
    Scott Ballie Cars (Glasgow local dealer but seems to get Accords in quite a lot)
    Vcars

I forgot Chrome Motors in Macclesfield where I got my car from.

Hope this helps :Smile:

Last edited: Wednesday 22nd May, 2013
  13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes spot on. Nothing in lunch time so will have a link

Thanks bud

14. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    there is so many more people keeping there cars rather than selling or buying new cars that the demmand for cars in the used market is huge! all dealers are struggling to find those decent cars out there as people are hanging on to them through this ecconomic downturn. its this that has put the average used price up.

15. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey beefy
    Yeah this is what they were getting at in a round about way. Wife is mighty miffed I am getting shot of the oil burner.. Looking forward to a petrol again now and if the 2.4 was not so thirsty would consider one but for now I think not. Odd but seem to be more 2.4 knocking about round here than 2.L sods law :Smile:

Last edited: Wednesday 22nd May, 2013
  16. Richardp2020 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    I paid £3500 for my 2.0 55 Accord with 64k on the clock. It was in pretty good condition though, I struggled to find Accords though, I almost ended up buying an octavia, but finally found mine. Touchwood it's been fine so far.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very low milage.. Would love a 2.4 just not the economy 2.0L is prob best compromise and will just have to get used to lack of grunt.
    £6.5 -8K bit out of my price range though sad to say. Think I need to offload my diesel then go for one but sod law they are never about when you want one.

The gray 2.4 is nice though but what are those alloys all about! Would rather have steels with plastic trims :Unknown:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  19. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys besides speed and lets keep it clean has the 2.4 got anything more than the 2.2 exec i have got??? a non Honda fan says they tend to go bag snapping snapping chains blowing shocks after 100k plus? as he drive a BMW. 5 series is this sour grapes? cos his cars crap ?

Last edited: Wednesday 29th May, 2013
  20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The 2.4 engines are bomb proof, as you know Keith.