Introductions v6 accord

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dave b, Sunday 19th May, 2013.

1. dave b Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi new member here looking for help as lost drive on my auto box today , recently bought vehicle with gearbox just changed . fluid level fine will engage if I restart engine but only for about a min or if I rev over 2k help any ideas

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry to hear of your gearbox troubles Dave.

Does it not engage any gear at all ?

Was the autobox working normally before the current failure ?

What colour is the oil ?

Any debris on the dipstick when you take it out ?

Do you know why the gearbox was replaced ie what were the previous symptoms ? If the gearbox was replaced was the torque convertor also replaced ?
    It could be that the actual fault was the torque convertor and someone just went ahead and replaced only the gearbox.

3. dave b Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks speedygee box was ok for about 70 mile oil, all good, it does engage occasionally but crunches and feels as if no oil pressure in gearbox although engages gear drops out as soon as start to drive. what are symptons of faulty torque converter please

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not really in my confort zone with an auto gearbox, so read all this as me thinking out aloud.

Normally torque convertor issues are more aparent on the move, with judders or slippage. The reason I mentioned the torque convertor is your symptoms are like having no/low oil in the gearbox, yet you say oil level is fine. The torque convertor also acts as a pump, hence my initiall suspisions.

Check all the electical connections are good on the gearbox, check the connection at the gearbox ECU (not sure where that would be).

You could also try doing a gearbox oil change, maybe an incorrect fluid has been used.

5. dave b Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks will check electrical side first . I suppose really next question anyone know where ECU is for gearbox

Last edited: Monday 20th May, 2013