General Value of 08/09 Reg. Cars have increased over last two years

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2004-2009)' started by tomwillie, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Purchased my 09 reg Honda S2000 GT with 30k miles in May 2013 for £13750 from a main dealer now in May 2015 with 35k miles its retail price is between £18k and £19k.

Be nice if value of 8th Generation Accords increases now no longer available new.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I haven't seen this trend it could be with the S2000 being more desirable now. 8th Generation prices haven't gone up thou.

3. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Not surprised Tom. Lovely car. Bit better than a Mazda MX eh? I can only see it going up even more if you look after it. And I'm jealous.

Phil

4. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Salesman who valued my car said they recently got nearly £20k for a 100GT version that had 43k miles. It took 4 years after production stopped for prices to start increasing ie just after I obtained mine when salesman said I would not loose much money on it!

In spite of reliability reputation the MX5 can have issues with rust, expensive limited diff failures on 2.0l and disc brakes problems. If things do go wrong with their cars even under guarantee Mazda UK can be swines to deal with to get redress.

I have been fortunate in obtaining an S2000 which was demo plus one previous lady owner who must have driven the car sensibly as I do as second set of rear tyres at 35k miles still have 4mm of tread left. Front tyres were first replaced at 30k miles by supplying dealer when I purchased the car.

5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    If a used car salesman told me something, I'd instinctively believe the opposite...

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just listening to the Chris Evans show on Radio 2, and by coincidence Johnny Walker was talking about selling his motorbike to buy a 2 seater sports car.

He said he been advised to buy an S2000 as they were appreciating assets (or words to that effect.)

7. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    This is not just word of main dealer sales person, I have been following prices at main dealers & certainly 08/09 reg cars sell very quickly for list price usually within a couple of weeks.

8. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    I heard that too. And he turned down the offer of exchanging his bike with the other guests' MG Midget, or was it Sprite? Don't blame him for that

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As said before, S2000 values will level off now/soon before they start to rise again.

Not too sure about 08/09 cars, as they are the ones that I wouldn't buy. A nice 05-07 car is my choice.