Service & Maintenance Variable service intervals on the 4th Generation CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by excel monkey, Friday 6th Feb, 2015.

1. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    I notice the 4th Generation CR-V has adopted a variable service indicator.

How flexible are these things - are they just a simple countdown to a 12k or one year interval?

Or if you're a low mileage driver doing say 8k miles a year, will it allow you to stretch the time in between services to 18 months?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good call mate I will get the SvRS codes up for both petrol and diesel later on today thanks for reminding me.You have a choice on SvRS you can enable at the time of delivery or not turn it on, there is a lot of articles on on the subject so have a good read of them.

As for your question if you had it enabled then you will get a prompt as it based on the distance covered and time passed since the last service was carried out. More info click the link.

In-Depth - Honda Service Reminder System (SvRS) - FAQ

3. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Thanks for the link. Seems like no benefit for low mileage users - you still get dragged in for a service every 12 months regardless of how few miles you have done, which was what I expected.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes pretty much if you are a low mileage user don't enable the SvRS option leave as is, and follow the severe maintenance schedule as its low mileage.

Follow the Severe Maintenance Schedule if the customer's vehicle is driven MAINLY under one or more of the following conditions:
    • Driving less than 8 km (5 miles) per trip or, in freezing temperatures, driving less than 16 km (10 miles) per trip.
    • Driving in extremely hot [over 32 °C, (90 °F)] conditions.
    • Extensive idling or long periods of stop-and-go driving.
    • Trailer towing, driving with a car-top carrier, or driving in mountainous conditions.
    • Driving on muddy, dusty, or de-iced roads.
    NOTE: If the customer's vehicle is driven OCCASIONALLY under severe condition, you should follow the Normal Conditions Maintenance Schedule.

Toggerefc likes this.