Off-Topic Vauxhall cannibals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vincemince, Thursday 2nd Jul, 2015.

1. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice idea.

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Nothing new, my friend had two Astra GSI stripped, all the police found was the body shell.

I had windows and parts of the dash board stolen from my very first car (fiesta).

4. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

@Duc de Pommfrit
    Sorry to hear that
    Had a close call once watching TV at 10pm November back in 1990s
    Heard the letter box click got up to check -
    10 foot long bloody bamboo stick with coat hanger hook on its end In the letter box trying to nick car keys

Couple of weeks back next door neighbour had her Vauxhall corsa taken
    Broke in house front door , took keys and drove it off never to be seen again 14 reg
    Pensioners as well , fortunately insurance paid out for new car

Utter toe rags

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    These people should be :hunter:

exec likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Somebody I know had an Audi 80 stripped in the early 1990s, while it was parked overnight in Liverpool. Taken from the hotel car park, found a couple of days later with just bits of the shell remaining. Glass, seats, panels, dashboard, wheels...all gone.

There must be a reason to specifically target Vauxhall. I had heard about old Pugs going for parts in Africa, and old Japanese SUVs for similar. But why Vauxhall?

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    May because of the ease to remove parts, as CJ found out on his hire car, Vauxhaull love to use tie-wraps! But I bet the real reason is because Corsa is the first car for most young lads and they found a way to get "cheap" parts!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Or they maybe they just need a constant stream of parts that need replacement :Rolf:

9. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Maybe the Audi parts went here

Seriously though it's not funny I found out later that a gang was operating from a farm in the North West hiring kids to nick car keys which were then nicked and either stripped or put whole in a container and shipped abroad the next day . We had a lucky escape, a mate had a two week old Jag nicked from his drive about the same time

Utter Toe Rags

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Basically they are stealing the parts and probably selling it back to the owners. Profit!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    One of way of getting rid of General Monstrosities off the road and sent them back to Luton for crushing.