Off-Topic Vauxhall Insignia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheDarkKnight, Wednesday 30th May, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do NOT be afraid. I wouldn't have one of these cars for free. Or if you paid me. I'd rather nail my eyelids to a revolving door for amusement. :Rolf:

What are peoples thoughts/experiences with these?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never sat in one as common as the common housefly. What else can you say European car of the year well someone has to win it.

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My old man has the new meriva turbo 140, and I must say, it's a bloody nice car!

As a ford nutter, it takes a very good car for me to compliment a Vauxhall

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your old man waited 9 months for his Vauxhall :What:, mine is slightly less :Wave:. Your dad must love that car badly to wait for 9 LONG months.

5. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had an 11 plate insignia courtesy car last year for about 6 weeks, got it with 4k on the clock. I demanded a petrol because they were trying to fob me off with a diesel and i wasnt having any of it. Asked for the biggest petrol engine they did and ended up with a 1.8 SRI and omg, the thing was so gutless i would get smoked on the motorway by vans!:Aghast: The interior was deadly cheap and flimsy, the seats unsupportive and that stupid electric handbrake. Even the guy delivering the car said to keep it in gear when parked incase the handbrake fails! It was on 18's with 245 section tyres all round so it pretty much sailed over speedbumps and potholes but the daft steering felt like playing the playstation, no feel whatsoever. I dunno why people would actually pay to buy some crap like that...!

6. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've driven two, both were hire cars from work for a week.

The first was a petrol 1.8 SRI and as has been said, it was slow and sluggish. God knows why it had an SRI badge. The fuel consumption was also bad (30mpg) and the performance non existant.

The second was a diesel SRI (165BHP - I think) and it was an auto. Much better, the autobox worked well with the engine and there was plenty of shove. The SRI seats were good and supportive and the MPG was decentish (40mpg)

The steering lacked the feel and feedback from Honda but the interior was well layed out and it was roomy.

I'll still never buy one!!

7. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After owning a vectra and putting 210'000 miles on it, i wouldn't be given another vauxhall. Absolutely, without doubt, the worst car ever made !!!!

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Vauxhall haven't got it right since they ditched the Cavalier.

9. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The amount of money i had in the vectra in repairs, i seriously, with no exagararation, could have had an s class merc !!!! EGR valves were a joke, i was going through 3 a year, i was doing 60'000 miles a year in it !!!

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Would that be a 2nd Generation Cav? They were a good car just a shame they rotted :Frown: I've had a load of Vauxs and although I like the look of some of them I seriously doubt I'll ever have another.

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It wasn't a 2nd Generation, it was a m reg but not the last MK. The same MK as the GSi. At the time it was everyone's company car, and then they brought out the Vectra.

12. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3rd Generation Cav then, I had a 4x4 Turbo for a while that was a nice car but expensive to maintain. Remember my mate bought a GSI on a G plate when they were only about a year old was alot of car back in 1990 and quick back then too.

13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My dad had a j reg GSi as a company car. Like you say a quick car at the time. If I remember right they were using them for british touring cars and did well.

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah thats right they brought out a limited edition "Super Touring" like they did with the Vectra. Shame they ditched the good old red tops and stuck ecotec motors in the last of the Cavs.