Service & Maintenance Vexxed !! - help

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by HOTMRD, Saturday 9th Jun, 2012.

1. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Angry: Vexxed!!

As in my previous post last night I informed you that I was expecting deliver of my new Honda Accord, which i bought from a local Honda Dealership. as that I like to have peace of mind to insure that the car is right i don't mind paying a bit over the Odds for a HONDA APPROVED CAR ( bear in mind this is what I stated to the salesmen who confirmed that it was)

I managed to get a cracking Deal, or so i thought which included the following

£500 of Screen Price
    2 year Honda Warrantee
    6 month Tax
    +
    Super Guard

As that the deal was done late doors and the dealership was closing down for the night I left a deposit to secure that car and pick it up on Tues / Weds next week, the Manger Left me a Signed hand written Order form confirming the deal above, and said that they would send the official order for through email in the Morning

HOWEVER !!!

Upon receipt of the order it does not state Supper Guard at all + the warrantee they are offering me is a CAR CARE PLAN- i.e Not Honda approved and know i feel like i have been ripped off however the sales guy is :Sobbing: and seems to understand my concerns, he stated to me that this was done to try and justify the sale figure of the vehicle.

After my concerns they have offered to give my my Full refund back on Monday as that I believe that I have been mis-sold

Now am Stuck!

Advise Please

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is not ideal but over promising and under delivering seems to be the norm in today climate..Did you have any written conformation of the above deal, without one they can withdraw it and claim that its not possible.

I would take this up the dealer principle for starters bypass the sales guys and take it up with him/her

As for warranty on a petrol car not worth the paper its written on , you will never need the use of it seriously. If you do nip my to mines you are not far away I will resolve it for you. Diesel car you may want that warranty.

All these superb duper miracles of science protecting your paint surfaces are another product which is over hyped over emphasis with NO real world protection. The dealership is always the winners here the cost of the product to them is next to NOTHING but the mark up is MASSIVE .It offers no tangible to paint surfaces and the protection is as flimsy as their claims and benefit. I would recommend buy the best synthetics sealants for the same money and layer it on your car.

So go into the dealership speak to the dealer principle and salvage a deal and say I want the car but with the add-ons just work on the price. After all they have messed you about and this is the least the can do to do a deal. if Honda caught wind of this they would not be too happy with such tactics. The dealer principle will see the sense in that and would assist rather than creating a problem for their dealership.:Wink:

lastly if you buy the the Accord its has the standard aftersales guarantee for a one year for free anyway, all is not lost just get in there and be assertive but not aggressive.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry you do you have a written conformation ..bud you have strong grounds

4. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

once again great advise, wish i had joined forum before i made the deal,

I do have written confirmation I have decided to take it up with Honda on Monday as car is advertised on Honda Uk website,

spoke briefly to dealer who have informed me that the car has sold today! don't know how true this is however im back to the Drawing Board looking for 8th Generation ......

Ichiban likes this.
  5. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah... the written confirmation signed by the manger is total different to what cam through on email

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

I just have the feeling you been gazumped the dealer taken the offer for more margins. I bought my 2004 Tourer from deVries Honda York and they tried this stunt with me on accessories and the price.

I was expecting to be gazumped as I just knew the manner the staff handled it initially. Cutting a long story short when I did finish with the Dealer principle he had hoped he never sold the car to me. Honda busted them big style a year later they went out of business.

My both 7th Generation Tourer were bought in Yorkshire and on both cars the Yorkshire based dealers were below Honda's standards, and both dealers have ceased trading. With a helping hand from me ..:Icecream:

I just don't buy anything Honda related in the Yorkshire region.. too many bad experiences.

Malibu likes this.
  7. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds about right! However will see what Honda has to say on Monday, I know they take these cases seriously

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud if you or don't buy a Honda from this dealer you must report such case to Honda relations to improve the network.

9. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will do, im drafting an email as wee speak detail the facts + looking for Accords

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If this is the way they have treated you, its a blessing in disguise and you have dodged a bullet. Could you imagine going back to them for any work that may have needed doing afterwards? I can guarantee they'd have shafted you.

Get your money back and go elsewhere.

BTW, do you have a link to the said car that was for sale? What was the spec/price?

11. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

True, thats the way i see it Wass'nt meant to be.... However still gonna drop a dime to Honda about the situation, customer Ad visor said that they will investigate the complaint on my behalf, which seamed very helpful also referred me to Motor Standards.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Before you make too much of a scene, just ensure you get your money back first. After that, then kick off.

13. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

will do just that, once they hand money over, I'm un-leasing the DOGS:Fear:

14. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My Mom works at trading standards so I had a quick word and it looks like they are in breach of contract if you have paid a deposit. If you paid the full amount and they've sold the car then I would say they have nt got a leg to stand on. I would personally have a word with your local Trading standards first thing Monday and see what they say as there is The sales of goods act etc . Apparently you might be eligible for compensation or at least a better deal on a Honda. Also check out citizens advice hub i think it is as well.

Ichiban likes this.
  15. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

wow... will do that first thing after i get the money back

16. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They've got to give you the money back regardless of what you say or do, if they've sold the car. I think CJ is right, they got a better deal on the car. Very unprofessional though.

17. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I used to deal with executive complaints and have had some good results to my complaints to other companies, so I would be happy to help if need be.

18. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you take the refund it can be seen as acceptance off the situation. As long as they have your money they will have to honour the deal or get you a car of the equivalent value or higher. If you do get your money back make sure you give them a letter saying your taking it under protest and that they are in breach of contract and you a seeking legal advice. Citizen advice should help you with it all. Just keep duplicate letters of everything and let Honda know your taking the situation seriously so they best find you a car quick.

19. HOTMRD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really would appropriate your advise, as it has really pissed me off having to trawl again looking for cars

20. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I personally would take my money back and look for another car.
    Report it to Honda just to let them know so they can put stop to things like this happening again.