Suspension, Steering and Brakes Vibration at Motorway speed

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by darcus, Monday 22nd Jun, 2015.

1. darcus New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Yasin Birmingham
    Hi peeps,

I wonder if you can help.

I have a 2004 CDTI Exec Accord. Wonderful car, but it's been making a rather annoying noise which I can't figure out!
    Basically it's a rhythmic vibration/sound that I feel in the footwell. The steering wheel is fine, doesn't vibrate/judder or anything.
    This happens at about 60. Disappears between 70 and 72mph and then comes back.

What I've done so far:

1. Had the car checked for alignment.
    2. Had all 4 tyres balanced, wheels checked for buckles etc and tyres check out brilliant. 2 Goodyears on the rear and 2 Michelins on the front.
    3. Tyres have been moved from front to rear to see if the sound moves (it didn't)
    4. All suspension parts checked on a ramp - nothing seems loose/broken.
    5. Driven the car full lock in both directions forward and reverse - no noise.
    6. No change in road noise at motorway speeds when turning left or right.
    7. No change in road noise at motorway speeds when going up a hill or down.
    8. Noise continues when in or out of gear
    9. Noise continues in 3rd, 4th or 5th.
    10. Garage stated that there was a tiny amount of play in the control arm bushings but well within specs... do I change these???

When the car is idle, the interior does vibrate a little (not much) - but Mrs FR-V doesn't vibrate at all. - the mount that I can see looks fine... However it does judder when I start it and turn it off...

Brake discs and pads have been checked.

Can anyone help? I'm at my wits end.

The car has done 135k miles - but has been a beauty.

The noise started just after a rear wheel hub was changed (all hubs and wheel bearings have been inspected and they seem fine, no play, no rotational roughness when spun etc...) about the same time, those Goodyears went on the front...

aaarrgghhh

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say check the run out on the alloy wheels one of them is not true. How much weight is each wheel taking to get balanced? Anything over 60 grams would equate to a alloy wheel well past its useable life,

3. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is the problem still there if you stop accelerating and then start again (i.e. foot off the pedal then depressed again)?