General Vibration / Rattle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edwardg, Thursday 25th Jul, 2013.

1. edwardg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all
    i have an 04 tourer accord. There is a very irritating vibration / rattle that comes from the central ceiling console (2 cabin lights, sun roof control & alarm sounders?). I pulled the alarm sounder trim off but could not see anything obviously loose.

Anybody had anything similar and managed to resolve it?

thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi how sure are you the sound is coming from there? is your tourer quipped with a sun roof, if so try closing the sunroof shade and see if the sound goes.

if that is not an issue you may need to look at the two A pillar covers where the airbags are they can be know to emit noise once the corners are slight worn.

A tiny about of cushioning pad will eliminate that noise.

let me know if you need any help with diagrams etc.

3. edwardg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you. Its not the sun roof & is definitely coming from some somewhere within central ceiling console.... not all the time - certain speeds/road surfaces.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will be hard to suggest a course of action without looking at it,what happens if you completely remove the console and try over the same road surfaces?

Does your car have a sunglasses holder in the central console ?

5. edwardg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will give that a try and let you know. No sun glasses holder (that I am aware of).
    Thanks.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ok that's is fine it has HFT? just check the mic are held in it place.

7. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    mine has started rattling also from the passenger side , im sure Ichiban is right that its coming from the air bag pillars. Can you please send images how you put the cushion pads on the pillars