General Views on air suspension?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by K24 CL9 GUY, Friday 13th Nov, 2015.

1. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hey guy's I'm contemplating on either getting air ride suspension or coilovers and wondered if anyone on here has any experience or views on it?
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-19-46-28.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you like your car looking and feeling like West coast customs then yeah if not state of the art coil overs are cheaper and offer better road handling ..But that is me.

DeviateDefiant and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  3. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

:Smile: ha ha westcoast customs :Smile:

Prob is @Ichiban where I already have pimped my ride as Xzibit would say my bumper is so low I can't get on my drive anymore so with the air suspension I could raise it to get on there aswel as over speed bumps then go super low when on the flat :Tongue:

Your response..... Change that awful and un-practical bumper then ;-)

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Chamone!! No mate leave the bumper as is but .. that car :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:
    upload_2015-11-13_21-12-23.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  5. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Oh lord :-o

6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I for one love air ride and would have it on my FR-V now if funds where there.
    my brother has fitted to a few cars now and I have been very impressed at the results.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  7. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

You know anyone that has used D2? Thing that puts me off is hear the bad reviews about needing replacement bags and blown shocks but think that was the older batch and have worked out the kinks now plus surly covered by warrantee if any problems?

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is this the look you are going for :-

lowrider.

:Tongue:

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

He only ever used air lift performance. . Not sure they do fitment for your car though. . . Can find out if you want??

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

I NEED this :Smile:

SpeedyGee and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I agree with @Ichiban completely on it. In my eyes, cool as it is lowering and highering your car on a button - no matter what anyone says, they don't handle as well as coilovers, and you hear far too many horrific blow-out stories. Just too many points of failure for me. If it was a show car, slow, and didn't get pushed maybe - but it's just a lot of money for a gimmick IMO.

12. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    mmmmmmmmm air shocks all there good for is this

and going for cool looking rides like this and making lots of intelliigent friends

13. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My view is they are very practical, go super low for looks, get in any trouble raise it up!

But I don't think I would be completely confident throwing the car about on a track, which I know you like to do.

I know a lad who has it on his accord but it is his show car and I don't think he goes hooning around in it.

SpeedyGee and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  14. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

This is very true, that is the dilemma for me but I am thinking of making it into a show car now n not a track animal although I would still want to chuck it about a bit as low n slow just ain't me lol :Smile:

Kris81 likes this.
  15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Guy, your car has a base and mods that make it great to drive, enjoy it for the beast it is and not some poncy show car! :whip: Cars are meant to be driven :vtec:

K24 CL9 GUY and HondaHeritage like this.
  16. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    a very astute obversation which also leads to a very important issue that is on the not to distant horizon
    car manufacturers have to design their cars to a high safety level to protect the car users and indeed pedestrians
    when it comes to designing the suspension /steering ,a multitude of calculations come into play in the areas of spring loadings, travel & rebound ,damping ,anti rollbars,,trackng ,camber ,and castor if you don't understand any of these setting s you should NOT be playing with your suspension
    modifications away from standard setting in my opinion makes the car dangerous and un road worthy unless undertaken by a qualified and proffesional company
    by modifying suspension it affects braking road holding and steering
    if modifications are not declared to you insurance company your policy is null & void and i know quite a few people that are taking the risk of not declaring as it makes your policy prohibitvely expensive

DVLA anf goverment are looking at this and the more attention brought to more and more outragiously modified cars will see a major clamp down in the near future on even the smallest alteration from standard fitments to cars
    this country has a very lenient MOT requirement which is being taken for granted this will change sooner than later rendering many car as not fit for purpose and playing into the goverments hands in another major cull like the scrapage scheme,and older commercial deisels being removed from our roads
    it won't be much fun if the only way to show your "show cars" is on a trailer

do be careful all when you are considering fitting a cheap chinese made "performance part " to your car bought from a so called expert websites who generally have no qualifications or working knowledge in recommending their products and its not hard to find their history with a little research like how long the company has been in business and the staffs qualifications . most of the websites on line these days are no more than a glossy catalouge with no plausible "returns" or guarentees !!!

slim

Nels, K24 CL9 GUY, legend-ary and 3 others like this.
  17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here here now that is common sense.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  18. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Those obscene camber cars and low riders are really naff, I really don't get the appeal, not only do they look awful and make a car look broken but they ruin the ride and handling. It would be a travesty if the establishment decided to ban suspension mods based on this, because other methods for proper tuning can be done in safe way with positive effect.

19. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Now when I said want mine to be a show car I ment concentrate on the looks rather than making it into a track monster after the accident I had and wounded my pride and joy but by no means does that mean I will have wheels on a silly angle as hate that look also. I would prefer a set of decent coilovers but the benefit of being able to adjust the height with a switch appeals to me so can be low but raise it when needed.

exec likes this.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What I never understood why people do the VIP stance I hate it with a passion what VIP about it.It's utterly useless a sheer waste of time,money and practicality and it looks SHIT!

upload_2015-11-25_18-51-59.