ICE & HFT voice activated phone commands

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Grahame_E, Saturday 24th Nov, 2012.

1. Grahame_E Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can someone with more understanding of the voice commands help me please?

I've had my accord a couple of months and tried to set up the phonebook last weekend. I paired my phone with the car and imported my phone book all ok so far. I then looked in the manual to see how to use the voice commands to make a call.

This is where my problems started.

I can get as far as the stage where the system asks me to say the name or number but after that I get no further.

I say for example "call home" and it doesn't respond in the way I expect, it flashes up a hash symbol on the dash and that's it, my phone says incorrect call data and that's it.

The only thing I think may be wrong is the phonebook on the system, when I access it manually using the command wheel I don't see a list of numbers I just see a phonebook name, if I open the phonebook I can see all the numbers within it but they're not shown as individual numbers before I open phonebook, could this be the problem?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated..

2. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the phonebook on the satnav operates independently from the one on the dash, and you have to add the the ones you use more often to the dash one. took me a while to work it out.

3. Grahame_E Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nick. Just wondering how I load the numbers to the dashboard system as I can only really find one way to upload numbers from my phone to the phonebook on the car

4. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

one at a time as i found, though if you load tot he satnav, you have the option to transfer to the dash system.. one at a time

5. Grahame_E Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll give that a go - thank you