General voice has gone german!

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by k9car, Wednesday 8th Oct, 2014.

1. k9car Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

k9car warwickshire
    Thewoman who talks to me has gone to german!
    I haven't touched or changed anything, how do I get English back?
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Hi @k9car, and welcome to HK. Just noticed that we havent said welcome yet even though you have made a few posts already.

I don't own a CR-V so I can't help unfortunately, but I am sure someone who does will be able to help shortly.

I assume you are talking about the sat nav? Hands free?

We look forward to seeing some pictures of your car in the Club Garage soon
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Search for the topic k9car its been discussed.
  4. k9car Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

k9car warwickshire
    Yes its the sat nav and handsfree, both of which I havent mastered yet! but was fiddling with it and it kept talking in German!
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello k9car I did that on my Accord once but don't know how I did it and after some more fiddling on with it I got it back into English but again not sure. There is a way you can set "Language" on the trip computer but not sure if that also sets Sat Nav - just hold the up arrow/information button down for a few seconds and select "Language".

Hope this helps
    just noticed you can select "Trip A Reset With Refuel" whilst quickly looking at the language settings in my manual - never knew you could do that! I should really read my manual! :telloff::lol:

If you go into System Settings screen on your sat nav and go to the second System Settings screen (right scroll in the Accord) you can also select language.

Hope one of these helps. This is for the 8th Generation Accord but can't imagine CR-V system will be all that different.

Welcome to HK by the way. :welcome::sparta:

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your car.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello and welcome @k9car. :welcome: Have you cleared the German yet?

As soon as you get chance, please tell us a little more about yourself and your Honda(s).
    If you add your car to the Club Garage, it will also show on the bottom of your posts. This can help us to find the correct help for you.