Electrical & Lights VSA/ABS light

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by suru66, Friday 23rd Aug, 2013.

1. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, i have a 7th Generation honda accord, 2.2 diesel 04 plate.

While driving thus morning after 5/10mins my VSA/ABS light came on and stayed on.

Anyone know any potential solutions to this??

Is it still safe to drive as im due to do a 200mile round trip tommorrow.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    please search for this topic its a common occurance on the 7th Generation diesels. Have a search if you don't get any joy I will point you in the right direction.

As for the long journey this fault can't get any worse it can be a VSA Modulator or a ABS wheel sensor.

3. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi can't find help with this particular issue as the light now randomly keeps turning off, then on again after a few minutes!

Worst thing, when the light is off the brake pedal isnt smooth, and doesnt feel like it will stop when pressed!!

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The light coming on will have stored a fault code on the unit. The only way to find what is causing the fault is to have the code read then you set about fixing it. If the light is going on and off it would point more to an ABS sensor.

If the braking performance of the car has been compromised then it would be best not to drive the car until the problem has been fixed.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any updates on this buddy?

6. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well had a AA guy come out and check the car over on sunday suggesting sensor or maybe wheel bearing issue.

After driving around the block, light kept coming on n off.

He parked it on the side of the road and jacked up each corner, checking each wheel, spinning it around etc n came to the conclusion i need to get my local garage to look at it, as it maybe sensor or ABS pump. He did by the way before all this use a diagnostic machine but didnt get any answers from it!

Now the strange thing since hes been and gone, is that iv driven about 20 miles around leicester today, and the light hasnt come on once. Ever since jacking it up, and mr breaks have been fine like theres no issue.

So im none the wiser basically.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sod the AA man's advise and get the cars ECU scanned . have you had the front knuckle and the hub assembly touched?

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Agree with CJ
    I had this same issue village garage used a snap on scanner to read the code as I am too tight to pay £90 to my local Honda fault was ABS sensor easy fix ordered from Holdcroft and had fitted- job done

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Mine popped on a few times.

It was due to the charging cable on the alternator not being tight. As such, to add to the confusion, it is not just sensors that bring them on, they are also voltage sensitive.

10. oscar209 New Member Getting Started

I had this same issue, just popped on one day whilst driving, didnt go away for a few days. It was when someone told me i had no brake lights, i checked the fuse and it had blown, started the car and light went out and haas'nt come back since..so like Pete Moreland-Moore says, its voltage sensitive etc.

11. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finally sorted today! After trip to my local garage, diagnosed ABS sensor had gone. Apparently only main dealer part at£170 then labour on top. Found same sumwhere else for £75 new, n fitted for £40. Problem gone!

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorted ! Well done :Thumbup:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Please share where is this someplace as a 100 quid off the list price is brilliant!