General VSA Indication

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbart, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. johnbart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Morning all,
    This morning when I started my '54 diesel accord tourer the VSA and the little triangle indication came on. The VSA switch does not have any effect and to be honest the car doesn't feel any different. I know I have to get it fixed but does anyone know what could possible be wrong and how big a mortgage I'll need.
    Thanks
    John B

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi John, there's a few different VSA threads in the 7th Generation section, have look through there mate.

Here is an example http://hondakarma.com/threads/41/

Essentially you need to have the code read from the VSA system, once you have the code we can advise you further.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. johnbart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Speedygee. My local garage thinks he can read the codes so I'm popping in there over lunch.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

He'll either need a Honda HDS or a Snap-On system to read the code.

Good luck :Smile:

5. johnbart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I need some.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly my local garage couldn't fathom the codes so booked into a Honda dealer for a diagnostic only. Cost £95! However, they did hint that because it is a known problem it might only cost me £600 plus labour!! Is that a good deal?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ouch !

I take it that there are no Honda Independent garages around cornwall ?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    second opinion for someone with a low cost code reader. if you get 66-1 I would ask them to delete the error and see if erases.

if the light goes off nothing like only spend money unless this 66-1 refuses to go away. half of the 66-1 codes are red herrings and just acknowledgement there is a break in the Can communications.