Tyres & Wheels VSA light blinks after tyre change

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by hugoduraes, Monday 5th Aug, 2013.

1. hugoduraes Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I've recently bought a new pair of tyres for my 2011 Honda Accord Tourer. I discarded the front ones, switched the rear ones to the front a fitted the new tyres on the rear. The rear tyres are now a pair of Good Year Efficientgrip Performance and the front ones are a pair of Continental ContiSportContact 3. All four tyres' size is 225/45 R18 95W and the tyres' pressure is 2.6 / 2.4 (front / rear).

Since the tyres were replaced (+/- 300 miles ago) I've been noticing that the VSA light on dashboard blinks for brief moments on some corners. It has always happened with no obvious reason while I'm going slow or not very fast on dry weather. I've tried to push the car a little bit to its limit while cornering to see if I could make the VSA light come up and I was able to do it with little effort. If it wasn't for the VSA light I wouldn't notice anything wrong as the car feels perfectly stable while the light blinks.

What do you think is causing this? Should I wait for the new tyres to roll some more miles?

If you have any advice about this issue, I would appreciate! :Smile:

PS: Sorry for my English as it is not my native language.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't worry about your English its fine. You may need to get the ABS sensors re-calibrated via a Honda dealer using HDS .

is your tourer equipped with ADAS?

3. hugoduraes Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, it's not equipped with ADAS.

Do you think recalibrating the ABS sensors may solve the problem? Is that an expensive procedure?

I'll keep watching the VSA light but maybe I'll call my Honda dealer to ask their opinion.

Last edited: Tuesday 6th Aug, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    recalibration won't cost more than 45 euros in an ideal world and they can scan for any DTC or warning on the sustem