Electrical & Lights VSA light comes on randomly and steering wheel light

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by xop321, Wednesday 13th Mar, 2013.

1. xop321 New Member Getting Started

uk
    Hello

i have a 2009 honda accord 2.2 dtec diesel estate car, i just recently purchased it and have a strange problem.

Every now and again the VSA Warning light comes on and the steering wheel light with the ! next to it, these two lights come on together and randomly maybe once or twice for a journey every other day

The car has higher mileage of around 90,000 just wondering if anyone nos what this could mean, i have searched the forum and on early accord it means there might be a VSA modulater failure, but my car is the newer version

thanks

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When those warnings come on, is your car losing traction??

Do the lights stay on or do they go off after a short time?

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    no known faults fot the 8th Generation like this. problem being it sounds like its intermittant and could be difficult to diagnose. ide reccomend getting your car's ECU checked for DTC's with a honda trouble code reader. there may be a temporary DTC stored.

4. xop321 New Member Getting Started

uk
    the car is not loosing traction, and the lights stay on all the time until you stop the journey ie, drive to the shop lights on, get out come back and everything is off

it stays off say around 80% of the time, just worrying as of course there must be a fault

i have not had the car scanned with a honda diagnostic tool, i connected a standard obd code reader and not codes where stored, but i am guessing i need a specfic honda tool to read these codes

i will try to get it to the local garage to ask them to scan it to see what problems there could be stored in the ECU, just hope its a easy fix, nothing expensive

5. xop321 New Member Getting Started

uk
    turns out it was down to incorrect tyre fitted on passgener side rear

front tyres on 7 mm
    rear right on 7 mm
    rear left on 4mm and a cheap tyre with different speed rating

had it tested at honda and the faults comming back where all yawl sensor issues

advised to repalce 2 rear tyres with same speed ratings and same tyre speed rating

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glad you got to the bottom of it - and a lot cheaper to "fix" than if it was something more serious. :Thumbup:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Result ! :Thumbup:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It also affects LKAS cars with the same symptoms http://hondakarma.com/threads/52/

glad you found the answer. You may want to get a 4 wheel alignment done to find out why the nearside rear was wearing that quickly.

You don't tow caravan or a trailer do you?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    equaly cj could have been a previous owner swapping front tyre to the rear?. most Accords are heavy on the inner shoulders of the rear tyres though. 4 wheel allighnment would be somthing to think about though, saves money in the long run.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 8th Generation saloon chew their rear tyres when on shed pulling duties mate.. the rear camber can adjust as per the load in real time.

But owners still moan that Honda have not addressed this..:Rolf: I