Electrical & Lights VSA light on for 5 min

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by 2.4 8thGen, Friday 2nd Oct, 2015.

1. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Hi guys I had a odd thing today when I started the car the VSA light came on.
    It said check system and then a simple appeared for the Electric power steering.
    Drove for a few miles to pick up a Macdonalds and turned the car off.Turned on and fault had cleared.
    This is the 1 st time I've ever seen this and read a thread hear about uneven tyres can cause this but mine are perfect.
    It might be just a one off but will update if this happens again.My only worry is in the 8th Generation Honda Accord it has got with the bosh unit rather than Denso for VSA.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What condition is your battery in ?

Sounds like a low voltage scenario occurred which the VSA and EPS subsystems didn't like.

Ichiban and 2.4 8thGen like this.
  3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Could be bang on Speedy it's 5 years old now and original battery.I might give HH a call and get one ordered.
    Also I do a lot of short journeys so this will be bad on the battery.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Cool

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup agree with Speedy that can happen in a low battery situation, BTW the ABS unit in our 8th Generation ia made by ATE which is German but they are not Bosch.

I wish there was a Bosch scandal soon and they get buried like VW as they are complete and utter wank.