Electrical & Lights VSA Light on!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by BSR67, Thursday 14th Feb, 2013.

1. BSR67 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys,

2007 Accord Tourer 2.2 I-TCDi

Just got back from three days away on business. Collected car from railway station car park. Started engine, VSA light ON!

Turned it on and off a few times. No change.

Drove home 23 miles, on all the way home.

109,000 miles, bought five weeks ago from a small dealer (without warranty!).

Booked into my local garage in the morning.

Is there a reset, or is it the yellow light of doom and a 2 grand repair?

Thanks

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Depends on the fault code.

Could be related to rear brake sensor.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If it was a saloon I would first say offside rear ABS sensor , but tourers don't suffer from it. Without the code or the ECU read you can't say.

if you get DTC 66-1 delete it and then review it don't believe the first 66-1 you see.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes I can second that, I had the VSA light come on last year, it was on for a couple of weeks but after connecting it to HDS and clearing it I never saw it again. Mines a saloon.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    You can find with high mileage and age the backing plates on tourers especially corrode and the magnetic nature of the speed sensor attracts the metal. I've seen some cars with a shard of metal between the sensor and bearing. Saloons are just as bad realy but you need to find out the code and go from there. Have you thought about getting an extended warrantie ?