Suspension, Steering and Brakes vsa/tsa/abs

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by salopian adas, Friday 24th Aug, 2012.

1. salopian adas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all i have a 2008 2.4 auto with 11k on clock car has been fine up to tonight .as i returned home during heavy rain , info display started flashing up warnings ,firstly CMBS, this ha s now gone out but now have VSA/ABS and tsa warning lights on . i know what they all mean but don't know why they,re on , i suspect the rain has something to do with it but are not convinced .any clues?

2. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    Driving and braking in the rain may sometimes cause the ABS to kick in, the light will flash to tell you this.

However if your warning light is on permanently i would strongly advise you have the car diagnosed.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    True with ADAS being integrated into VSA it makes other computations to ascertain the baseline performance and target thresholds. have a look in the article section What is VSA, ABS, TCS Slide Slip?

The other ADAS technologies are also covered which gives the insight to the numerous mathematical calculation it doing per second it truly amazing. Rain does play devil advocate with the radar and LKAS camera so it goes into conservative mode as it not certain.:Wink:

It pretty normal for it to give you these visible and audible prompts which are all normal and nothing untoward, as long as these prompts are for a few second then that fine the one which don't drop off like this one http://hondakarma.com/threads/2162/ then you have a issue which need investigating.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    wow you have 7th Generation ADAS they are rare.:Hey:

5. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    thats what i was thinking lol

6. salopian adas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for feedback on VSA light actuall the car is an 8th Generation ,don't know why it got put into 7th Generation file,will post some pictures on here this weekend ,have to wash it first though. incidently all lights went out following morning and have not come back on so assume it was to do with the heavy rain .supplying dealer two mills honda on the wirral have been informed as vehicle is under warranty, just to protect myself