Suspension, Steering and Brakes VSA/TSA warning light

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by babyboom, Sunday 9th Jun, 2013.

1. babyboom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

this warning light came on for me yesterday while driving into town, i know what the warnings mean but at the moment it came on i was stationary in traffic, before this i was 50/60mph on a dual carriageway for about 20 mins then stuck in traffic in town so that was stop start traffic for about 5-10 mins, i switched the car off and on again and this cleared the warning but there was no reason for it to come on in the first place as i was not driving excessively

has anyone had any other hassles with this?

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think if you use the blue search bar in the top right you'll find the answer.

Off the top of my head there is a chance that it may not be the VSA module and could be something else like brakes or something.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

VSA and ABS lights together usually mean an ABS fault like a wheel speed sensor as the VSA uses those as well. If it comes back on again I would say take it to a dealers for diagnostics they have the right equipment to tell you what is wrong.

4. babyboom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the only problem with that is that is goes away after you switch the car off and on again, this is the second time it happened so unless im driving around aimlessly waiting for it to happen i can't take it to the dealers with the light switched on as im usually going to and from work when im driving

can the codes still be read even though the fault light doesn't show anymore?

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Yes they can. There might even be codes stored you are as a driver not aware off and never show on the dash.

6. babyboom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well i had it in the garage a few days ago, they cleared the fault codes and told me it was nothing to worry about, but if it happens again i've to take it back to them and leave it for a day or two so they can monitor it

7. babyboom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well it happened again, i left the car running while i ran into the shop and when i came back the light was on again, so luckily i was off on holiday i took it straight to the garage so they could see it in action and collect a code from it, they said that they needed to keep the car as it may require a new part, so they tested it to make sure but it turns out that the VSA control module was faulty and has had to be replaced, thankfully i still have warranty on the car as they say that the part cost £1800, but all is well now

i-DSI likes this.