Electrical & Lights vsa

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jeffers, Monday 13th Aug, 2012.

1. hello again,car went into limp home mode again today, VSA light flashing, engine managment,dreading it being VSA,had car in january never had trouble with a honda before.does anyone know the cost of VSA change, fingers crossed

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    VSA are expensive,depending on the condition of the car a brand new part cost may be more than the cars value.
    How sure are you it is the VSA is that on a hunch or have you had the specific error code.

3. Kenneth Galea New Member Getting Started

I've heard that the VSA System can cost up to £1700 excluding installation.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes that is correct with labour and VAT will drive the price over 2k.

5. Hello,not sure its VSA just me very annoyed,anyway what is the error codefor VSA,and do honda pay anything towards the cost,the last time i had codes read,he said it seems like accelerater sensor,he said leave it,until it happens again,read it again then go from there.saunders honda in chester as anyone had any dealings with them.there nearest to me.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add if you get the 66-1 error code for the first time,get it removed and see when it comes back and under what conditions.

I have seen a couple of Accords with DTC 66-1 when they first surfaced and after the code removal,it has not come back for months. So untill and unless DTC code refuses to be removed don't trust the DTC 66-1 biblically.

These two owners who have used my free diagnostic are over the moon.

8. Hello, quick update on car problem,scanned today codes p1248-p2138 ,came up , throttle position sensor , my man says, never heard of one of these going before,any ideas guys where to get one or can they be fixed, again many thanks for all your replies.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What happens when you remove the codes ?

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've answered your questions about TPS in your other thread

One thing to note is that a TPS issue will not only knock out the VSA system but it may cause the car to run in Open Loop mode. Meaning the fueling won't be optimum, and thereby be heavier on fuel consumption, as well as not be so good for the cat.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.