Off-Topic VW gobshyte

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Thursday 10th Sep, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

:ninja:

Bad language you have been warned,

2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    :taunt: :gotcha:That is a poor effort, he is in a shitbag snoozefest golf diesel :lol::lol: looks like thet DickTV guy has got at the dub boys good and hard...:Violin:
    - - - Updated - - -

GSD2013, Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Obviously can't drive a VTEC properly so needs to drive a brain dead German car :BavarianTractor:

4. demian New Member Getting Started

I was expecting Sir David Attenborough to step in halfway through the video to explain why that little gorilla is making all those aggressive sounds

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    TA
    mmmm missed this thread
    kinda lost for word...............an cj you know thats really saying something for me:Wink:
    i,ll keep it simple a couple of :wanker:,s that can't drive that make more noise than their cars ?

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I drive a new VW caddy, 1.9 turbo diesel:blush: and it starts off quick but runs out of steam very quickly :thumbdown:

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Hang on, in the first video he's raving about how he can pull away at low revs and criticising VTEC then in the second one he's slating low down torque and highlighting how they run out of puff, which VTEC do the opposite of? Lol

I only watched about 20 seconds of the second one, he's too annoying.

9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    okay im bound to upset some or may be even many but what the heck here goes :Grin:
    drove my first VTEC a Civic coupe early 2000,s a couple of weeks ago and i must say i was singularly unimpressed
    i found the exceleration up to the point of the VTEC kicking in pretty average and drawn out when the VTEC kicked in yes impressive but all over very quickly as it all to soon hit the rev limiter
    it was like driving a turbo car but with extra long turbo lag im sure some one will say that later VTEC are better if so give me a go and i may revise my veiws:Grin:
    oh i don't like turbo,s either that lag really bugs me
    if you want fast and instant power a supercharger is the way to go known as a "blower" in old school terms
    deisels are great ............................in commercial vehicle nice and slow to overtake
    but my personal favourite is a carburatted and well tuned engine but as you know im an old dinosaur the long neck variety tonight maybe I've stuck it out to far ..............please don't chop it off :sweating:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Slim you need to get back to stone age cars, VTEC are too advance for you .

11. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    UG

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@tviracing has a right to his opinion. I can understand where he is coming from.
    Does that make me a dinosaur too?
    Hmmm. In that case, 'Ug' from me too. :Tongue:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    UG come on you don't mince your words.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I am pulling his chain ... drrr

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I know you are. I'm pulling yours. :PullFaces:

15. demian New Member Getting Started

My first experience of a Honda was the family's '89 Accord 2.0 EX, with a carburetted 12 valve 106 HP non-VTEC engine. Quite frankly I don't really see much of a difference to the 147 HP F20 in the current one.

The old one revved just as nicely and acceleration was just as brisk. Okay, the starter motor sounds a bit different and the newer one runs smoother.

I think some of the best Honda engines have been non-VTEC ones - the 3rd Generation 138 HP Accord 2.0i-16 and the 150 HP Prelude would give any modern car a run for its money.

HondaHeritage and Nels like this.
  16. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    HI NELS
    welcome to the chain gang :Grin:

Nels likes this.
  17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Would you like a gimp mask? for the proper effect!