Off-Topic VW Latest Scandal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nikon, Wednesday 14th Oct, 2015.

?

Would u Buy a Vw

Poll closed Saturday 14th Nov, 2015.
  1. Yes

5.9%
  2. No

23.5%
  3. Unsure

11.8%
  4. Decline to comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1000% Never

58.8%
  1. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We have seen the latest scandal effecting Vw and its a vote to see what people think

2. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    1000% nether for me it's German

John Dickson and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    My Mrs refused to listen to me 6 years ago when she brought a very, very dodgy 4th Generation golf. (Replacement engine? Hasn't even been rebuilt just thrown in, no tappets left by the bloody sound of it, the Windows, while well tinted and applied are right on the legal limit so she's forever getting yanked by the police.
    Oh, and some twonk has put an Audi RS badge on it :Rant:
    She knows it drives me nuts and as such refuses to let me near the dam thing unless it's utterly broken down.
    I've named it Siatica.

So no I wouldn't buy one, my better half however....

Oh wait, are we talking classics or the recent crap? I've owned a couple of 1st Generation's and had a 3rd Generation vr6 as a business car once, vr6 was great fun but badly built, 1st Generation's were great as bike stand ins but wouldn't want to run one all year round.

Last edited: Wednesday 14th Oct, 2015
    John Dickson and Harvey like this.
  4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't buy one, but if I was given one for free, then that's different. I'd run it into the ground and then scrap it.

John Dickson and Karmadrome like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rather have my legs cut off than drive a german turd.

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only marginly beaten by Ford, the transit van is an utter gutless turd if ever I've driven one.

John Dickson likes this.
  7. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    My wife is now on her 14th Golf (since 1989) and to be honest she has never had a problem (although she does keep them only for 2/3 years). The only things that have gone wrong were door closing mechanisms on one or two of them but she was delivering parcels at the time as her job and was opening and closing the doors at least 100 times a day. She currently has a 1.2 turbo petrol and I must say how impressed I am with the performance of such a small engine and the overall refinement. They used to be very poorly specced but are much better nowadays even though on this entry level model they still have keep fit windows in the rear.

I myself am Honda through and through and will not be buying a VW myself but in my experience a lot of the criticism of VW on here is not something that I have experienced and perhaps a bit over the top.

legend-ary likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    If you gave me a VAG car, I would either sell it or crash it. I despise the things. In fact, anything not Japanese will be destined for the scrap yard and frequent mechanical failure.

Hate VAG, BMW, Audi and Merc, absolutely detest the horrible things - I will destroy one if one was ever unfortunate to be in my possession.

John Dickson and Harvey like this.
  9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    There could be a few VAG bargains soon!

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Rolf:

I think VW seats are all designed in conjunction with The British Chiropractic Association and not to make them comfortable and supportive. Nearly every VW I have driven or sat in has nearly killed my back. Passat seats are the exception. They are passable. Every one has chiropractors rubbing their hands at the extra earnings coming their way to put backs right!
    - - - Updated - - -
    And they're cr@p (that's also a 1000% never from me in case there was any doubt) horrible, crude, unrefined rip off machines that they are.

Karmadrome and Ichiban like this.
  11. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I wouldn't have bought a VW even if there wasnt this scandal.

Ichiban and John Dickson like this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My Tourette's has just got worse the scandal. The minute I see a VW I am huffing a puffing and looking for a petrol bomb.

John Dickson and 2.4 8thGen like this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I actually feel sorry for some of those that have been brainwashed into thinking that VW etc produce good vehicles. It's like the 'Emperor's New Clothes' children's story.
    Many have grown up believing this nonsense, so they take it as true.

Would I buy one? Now that really is a silly question.
    There's more chance of David Cameron being elected as the leader Unite AND Jeremy Corbyn becoming the Private Secretary to the Queen than me buying any of those things produced by VW, BMW Mercedes...

John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'm going to go against the grain here, and as much as I hate VW I'm still a petrolhead and like other cars apart from Honda, and I do like some of VW's cars, the Corrado is nice car, and always fancied a 2nd Generation Golf GTI and a Lupo GTI also looks like bags of fun, but would only ever buy if they were massively cheap, like £1 :Tongue:

legend-ary, John Dickson and Harvey like this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What a load of utter gerrrman shyte is this.. these lot have been sniffing glue.

We have to believe a fitments of this low transformer onto the mass air sensor housing assembly which is some cobbled metal tubing and remap from fadpricks company will cure this fiddle. yeah right.

Can some tell these arrogant geeerrrmans where there is blame their is a claim.. VW: no compensation for European customers over rigged cars - BBC News

16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:thumbdown::no::thumbdown::no::thumbdown:

17. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    interesting to see wether the European judicial and federal departments will make them pay a refund...

After all, it would of failed European tests too. Panorama found evidence that a similar device could be in Opel/Vauxhall/GM diesels too. Opel said that the car must have a 'fault' - but I watched the show and it seemed pretty conclusive to me.

18. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
  19. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Oh sweet Jesus, you can use it to make bombs!?!?!?

When will this evil and dangerous substance be banned?

AccordCU2 likes this.
  20. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    ^ I didn't know that a syndrome was also a substance

tourettes-cunt_fb_346594.

Zebster and Harvey like this.