Wanted WANTED - Jazz tool tray from India

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Eck, Thursday 18th Aug, 2016.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda India have a tool tray for use in the 2016 Jazz/Fit that supports the boot floor when a full size spare is carried.
    This is shown in the youtube photo attached, also the full site address to show the full size wheel being accessed.
    Does anyone in the club have a friend/relative who lives in India and could get me the part number of the tool tray? India fix picture 2.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have a few developers in India who I work with. Just asked them.. lets see what they reply.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thank you very much, would end a very serious gripe I have with Honda UK and Honda Japan if I can get a hold of one of these.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Didn't know they get a Jazz diesel in India. The guy drives a diesel Honda Amaze (Brio saloon).

5. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

some of the India cars look like our Jazz others of nothing like we see here, same in Canada, a better selection of Hondas altogether

6. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

In case the your contacts are wondering about the part number it is usually embossed on the underside of the tray - attached two examples Mk2 Jazz tray for skinny wheel. MK3 Jazz 'std' tray.

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I thought you were looking for the part number of the tool tray.
    - - - Updated - - -
    oh right sorry you are referring to where it can be found. lol sorry about that . i will ask them to have a look

8. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    The US model has something pretty similar, part # 84550-T5R-A00 cheeky hotlink:

s-l1600.

Not sure if it would be what you are looking for exactly, but close at least.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hmmn! Sorry, i guess that won't work with a full size spare, DOH!

9. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The one above isfor Accord I think - looks like the one I had then.

Legendary:- The bits are referred to as "Box Assy Cargo Floor" also.

10. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi Eck,
    That bit is apparently for the 2016 Fit in the US from the Honda Estore website, googled the part number and up sprang the image. Either way it will probably not let you accommodate the full size spare.

That said, according to this review: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol - Team-BHP the spare under the tool tray is a 14" so unsure if that would suit your requirements or not.
    You have probably seen the alternative options on JP car parts, and none of them appear to match the Indian market option: 84523-TF0-000 / FIT / honda | part detail|JP-CarParts.com

Proving tough to track down, perhaps email Honda India and see if they can be of assistance?

11. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have tried Honda India - no reply, tried a couple of Honda garages in India that I got the name for - no reply. Tried Honda Japan - no reply.

But if I can get a Honda part number my dealer will put it into system as he did with the Canadian (US) number you quoted above and the system actually delivered one to the garage. A Toronto dealer quoted 53 C dollars for it, so about £27.

If I can just get the part number for the item I pictured at the start of this then my dealer will input it as a demand and we will see if it arrives.

Even if it is not quite right there is a fair chance it would modify easily if the wheel size is different.

I just want the car to look like a Honda and not a car with a made up wooden floor so that I can carry a proper spare - see the item "Boot floor - very flimsy" in the Jazz 3rd Generation section.

Thank you for your interest, I am hoping Legendary's contacts can come up with a part number.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Still waiting for him to reply. He did call them up but they told him that he cannot buy the part separately so i have explained to him that we only need the number off it.

13. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cheers Eck, sorry not to have turned up anything useful. At least legend-ary looks to be getting close, hoping it's good news.

14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

upload_2016-8-25_15-47-17.
    This is where I am at.

15. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone have a south Africa contact - Honda India supply there?

16. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

17. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Is this standard kit, or an accessory ?

18. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It is standard kit on India made 'Fit', see picture in opening of this topic

19. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I'll see if I can get some product details from the Honda dealership my mum takes her Jazz to

20. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you, I also have a friend who is going on holiday to SA next month, but he may not have the opportunity at a dealership to just go in and look at the item.