Body, Paint & Styling Wanting to change the front grill / grille

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Wednesday 31st Jul, 2013.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi all.

I am new to this forum and new to Accord as well. I bought my Accord 2 years ago and today it is now 10 years old (but it has not done more than 50k milage). When I see other Accords of the same generation, I kinda like the grille the other Accords has.

Accord_front_grill_3.

Here is the same picture hosted somewhere else http://i.imgur.com/Ot47Dgo.jpg

My grill is No 1 and the one that I want is No 2.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to:

1. get the grill No 2. If anyone knows where to get it, please share with me.
    2. change the grill from No 1 to No 2.

Any thoughts, tips would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

2. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi There and welcome
    I am the same as you and would like to update the grill to the "face lift" model. but its not easy, as I understand it requires a new front bumper, lights and grill. Honda changed it around 2006 I think and although possible to convert the older grill to the newer version it requires a lot of work and money. I think I have seen one on here thats been done. If you decide to go ahead it would be good to see how it goes with some pics.
    Cheers
    Tony

3. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    yes, it's not that easy as it looks, apart bumper, lights and grill you need to also change bonnet, so IMO it's not worth ;-)

4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If i buy the parts from scrapyard (from a honda facelift version that has been scrapped) will that work?

1. Headlights
    2. Grill
    3. Bumper
    4. Bonnet

Are those all?

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yep that wouod work. I think thats all you need. Definately the best way to go about it. There are a few cars scrapped out there so you might get lucky finding the colour you want.
    Good luck, let us know how you get on.
    Tony

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why don't you just got the preface lift honeycomb sport grill and get the chrome bezels and bonnet trim painted to match the body colour?.

IMHO the facelift EX chrome grills looks like jaws been to the orthodontist to sort out his bugs bunny buck teeth :lol:

7. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    agree with CJ, car would look great with sport honeycomb grille and that money I would spend for something other ;-), but if you still decide to change face of your car, I don't know what engine you have, but make sure if you have diesel you need bumper from diesel as there are inlets for IC ;-)

8. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After my attempt to buy the facelifted bumper, lights, grille and bonnet, i realised it would be too expensive. I just can't believe how expensive the parts are. (I assumed that it would be cheap considering the parts were taken off a broken car - my my my, what an unwise assumption that was). So where can I get this honeycomb grille for my car? Any pointers?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate I did respond to this yesterday so did you you got the info or do you need further help?

10. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    breakers, ebay

11. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, i got the info. Thank you very much. I am still trying to get a cheaper option, found a breaker selling the honeycomb grille for GBP30 (another one was trying to sell it for GBP130) , so am trying to buy that - if that fails, well, maybe i will just have tobe happy with the one i already have :Frown: