Suspension, Steering and Brakes warped discs?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Friday 27th Feb, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Getting slight steering shake when braking from say 60+ mph then the slight shake appears at around 45 mph with constant pressure on the brake pedal, thinking it could be the discs that are warped or one or both of the front calipers are sticking somewhat, annoying thing is if it the discs as these look like new no lip on the edge or anything, I think new discs and pads were fitted shortly before I got the car in back in October , incidentally there's no wheel wobble through the driving range or no knocks or bangs over rough roads , and no play when rocking the wheels at 3 and 9 o' clock or 6 an 12 o'clock , so I think all bushings, wheel bearings etc. can probably be ruled out, what do you think guys?
    Cheers Pete

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    What does it do if you brake really lightly from speed - can you feel it grabbing and letting go? Sounds like it could be warped discs - do you know if they are OEM discs and pads?

If the shake goes when you release pressure from the pedal, I would suggest that your calipers are working as they should. Excessive heat as a result of siezed calipers could easily warp that discs.

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Was testing for that mate and can't feel it grabbing and letting go , this is the strange thing, as for OEM I don't know, tried to do some digging this afternoon by phoning the Honda dealer that the previous owner had been using , but had no record of the fronts being changed , only the rears a few years ago, also phoned the dealer I bought it from and has no record of changing them, so maybe previous owner ended up using a non-franchise garage to do them rather than Hondas prices!! so could be any old make of discs on there!! think I just need to jack the thing up, measure the run-out (need to find my dial gauge I put in a safe place!!) and clean up the calipers , sliding pins etc. and see what happens, bloody cars eh, would be nice to actually buy a car for once and just be able to drive it with no hassles, but that's mechanicals for you I guess, kind of thinking of dropping this driving malarkey and just use the motorbike, never get any hassle with that!!LOL
    Cheers Pete