Body, Paint & Styling Water collected on door sill

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by vygec, Sunday 16th Jun, 2013.

1. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Opened the drivers door today to find a pool of water collected on the door sill. It obviously rained overnight, but i noticed on the door seal at the top were the seal is showing signs of wearing off.
    The car is under the used 1 year warranty, would this be pushing it for to be looked at under warranty?

I've taken pics of the seal and the water on the sill after i had attempted to give it a quick wipe.

20130616_115049. 20130616_134211.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You could try with warranty but being rubber I doubt it. From the looks of that seal it would seem the door is catching in that area and has scuffed it up.

You may want to get the front door looked at there could be an alignment issue , even look at the door rubber damper are they there and what position are they in. look at the passenger door and see where those rubber damper are.

3. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. tried to identify what the rubber dampers are. I think I've located them, and they seem the same compared to the rear and the front passenger side. the annual service is due, wo will mention this at the same time. hopefully its not an expensive fix. if i was to leave it, would it cause any long term effects?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those seals are expensive they are not cheap you need to figure out how that damage has been done in the first pace? As for damage to the car it will be majority will be water related and excessive wind noise on motorway driving and the odd seal chatter over rough roads.

5. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Turns out the 'weatherstrip' needs changing for the door in question along with one of the rear doors. Trying to get the dealership to arrange this through warranty, i'll see what they come back with.

On another note, the service carried out was a 'Honda 12 service'. what is covered in this service? I tried looking on the site and in the service book, but couldn't find anything.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You would like to know how that damage has taken in the first place bud, no point replacing something if its going to happen again..as that side had accident damage ?

Hope the dealership can do something for you. As for servicing have a look at this 8th Generation Honda Accord Petrol Normal Conditions Maintenance Schedule

or just search on the forum.:Wink:

7. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The dealership just suggested that these need changing without mentioning about root cause.
    No damage since i personally have had the car, and nothing suggested by the dealership when i purchased-not that i would have expected them to inform me of this. There are no signs on the car for it to have suffered from any damage to be honest in this area o any other part of the car

thanks for the link, this table is also in my service book, but it doesnt mention this 'honda 12 service' anywhere, which is why i wanted to clarify what exactly has been changed as part of this service. They mentioned pollen filter/oil/oil filter had been changed, and I've noticed the screen wash has been topped up. just curious what else is included if anything.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Surely they would have give you a service sheet http://hondakarma.com/attachments/euro-service-12-500-mile-schedule-pdf.5817/ or a bill to see what parts where used?
    Can you scan this 'honda 12 service' document please

9. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've just checked the service sheet provided, it highlights what has been changed. but it still doesnt tell what a 'honda 12 service' includes :Smile:, attached.

20130622_171006. 20130622_171035.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This service was at a Honda dealer? was no customer handover done with the service advisor ?

It had a engine oil and oil filter change with 5w-30 oil
    pollen filter change
    2 bottles of brake fluid ( I think can't see the corner)

Is SvRS enabled on your car?

11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The partnumbers are Honda original (brake fluid, sump plug washer, oil filter). Would surprise me if a non Honda dealer would mention the original pn for brake fluid (especially that one).

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Non Honda service garages and franchise do get Honda genuine parts for servicing in the UK. Trade parts sales from the dealership at trade prices is pretty big in the UK ,infact it higher than customer walk ins at a Honda dealer.

13. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

At honda dealership which is local to where I work. I arranged a collect n drop for convenience but this was followed up by a courtesy call. I don't have SvRS enabled.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud did they give you a document like this ? If they didn't ask them to fill it out.Hopefully this explains it all :Smile: