Bulletins & Advisories Water Drops from Tailgate When Opened

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Service News, Tuesday 26th Aug, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda issued this Bulletin Number SH-08-025-03 dated 26th May 2010.

Affected models:

ModelModel CodeYear Model
    CR-VRE5 RE707,08,09
    CR-V i-CTDiRE607,08,09

The Symptoms
    When the Tailgate is opened during wet or damp conditions, it is possible that water will drip from the Tailgate as it fully extends.
    WLCRVHK!1.

The Cause

Water gathers around the lower lip of the Tailgate Garnish which then drips from the Tailgate as it opens.

The Fix

For 2010YM onward a foam dam has been added and the lip profile of the tailgate garnish has been changed to prevent water drips (See image below).
    This bulletin does not apply to 2010YM.
    A 2010 year model vehicle can be identified by the A at the 10th digit of the VIN, when counting from
    the left.

See the example below.

SHSRE5780AU000000​

WLCRVHK!2.

Application to Production Line
    Countermeasure has been applied from the start of production for 2010YM.

Repair Method
    07~09YM Only
    Note: This repair method should only be carried out on strong customer complaint. It should not be fitted at PDI or service without customer complaint.
    A repair seal kit is available which can be applied to the tailgate garnish to prevent water drip.
    WLCRVHK!3.

1. Remove rear tailgate garnish as per workshop manual.

2. Install the seal to the edge of the tailgate lower edge.
    WLCRVHK!4.
    Note: Ensure seal fits evenly and not over lapping drain holes.

3. Re-install lower garnish.
    WLCRVHK!5.

Parts Information
    <Part Number> <Part Name>
    07~09YM only
    68111-SWW-ZS00 TAILGATE DRIPPING
    REPAIR KIT

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Sometimes dealers simply aren't aware that a TSB was ever issued for a fault, other times they play on a customer's ignorance. Quote them the bulletin number above (SH-08-025-03) and they can't really argue :Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello bud, a 2013 CR-V is not the same as a 3rd Generation CR-V so it is not applicable to your car! I would strongly recommend you get your car shown to the nearest honda dealer.

4. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban, thanks for the reply but mine is a late 3rd Generation, not a 4th Generation.
    The original bulletin suggested a change to manufacturing but seems odd I still have this problem.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well your car would have had the countermeasure since 2010 applied to all production made car since the TSB ,can't see it happening but stranger things have happened , strange to see a late 3rd Generation CR-V being registered in 2013 too.

This TSB is not for your model year car , you will still need to take it up the dealer as it's still under standard warranty.

6. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry my fault it is a 2012.....it's been a long week and it's only Monday!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No worries it's still under standard warranty get in there quick.