Body, Paint & Styling Water Inside Doors

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by tomwillie, Sunday 18th Oct, 2015.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Noticed on my 2.4EXi that water is getting past rubber seal at bottom of windows, runs down inside of doors & ends up on door sills.
    The rubber seals have a thin foam backing which is obviously not effective in shedding all water to outside of doors.
    Our CR-V, S2000 & other cars I have looked at have solid rubber type squeegee seals that fit tight against the glass & prevent this happening.
    Do latter cars have solid rubber squeegee seals at bottom of windows?
    Is there a solution for this problem?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tom is the door seal sitting correct on the channel ? if it been dislodged it will let water in, the best way to know is when you shut the door you will hear a strange thud, hear the other side door to hear a good door with its channel on.

Compare the difference you will find your answer.

PS its not a problem its an issue caused by carelessness.

3. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Thanks for reply, all doors close with same noise. On both front doors the window seals bow out in centre leaving a small gap for water to run down. On rear doors the seals peel away from glass at each end.

Taking car into my main dealer tomorrow for them to have a look at & will advise of outcome.

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are the drain holes in the bottom of the doors all clear?

It's amazing how much water runs through the doors and out the bottom even on a brand new car as the window rubbers aren't watertight. Not a problem as long as the membrane behind the door cards is correctly installed and the drain holes are kept clear.

5. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    All drain holes are clear, I check this whenever I get a car even a new one. This water is draining out bottom of doors & lays in grooves of plastic door ledges. Not huge amounts but this does not occur on wife's CR-V or my S2000.

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wonder if it is working its way between the waterproof membrane and the door cards?

7. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    That is what I have been thinking. Car into dealer tomorrow & I will ask them to check, sometimes liners crack &/or become detached with age.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hope they solve the problem. Shouldn't be too much if it's just the membrane

9. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Car into dealer this afternoon & been quoted £321.34 inc Vat to fit four new door membranes. Cost of parts inc Vat is £93.34 & Labour at 2 hours inc Vat is £228.
    I am going to get an independent to look at it as never had this problem with any make of car before. Suspect that membranes just need locally resealing.

10. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @Ichiban are there instruction on web site re how to remove inside door panels?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can't bevel that for one minute all four doors impossible? No there is no guide on door removal yet mate you can try.

12. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
  13. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Perhaps your car as had the new door speakers under warranty and not fitted correctly and damage the membrane.

14. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Will find out next Monday when I get an ex Honda master technician to have a look.

15. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Today I checked what is happening by pouring water down glass, on all four doors and found some water is running out at bottom of inside door panel so liners on all four doors not functioning properly.

Asked independent garage for price to replace liners when I will be present to inspect/photograph.

Not quite what I expected re Honda quality but car drives so well I will get work done.

16. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Please can anyone confirm if these are correct part numbers for door liners to an 09 reg Accord 2.4EXi ?
    L.FR. DOOR HOLE = H72361TL0003
    R.FR. DOOR HOLE = H72321TL0003
    R.RR. DOOR HOLE = H72821TL0003
    L.RR. DOOR HOLE = H72861YL0003
    Thanks

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you get these from Lings ?