Body, Paint & Styling Water leakage

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by SayamaAccord, Thursday 3rd May, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I noticed over the past week or so that when it rained there was a small pool of water on the nearside rear rubber mat in the footwell and a few drops on the seat...

Did a few web searches and was a bit concerned about some of the horror stories about how hard it is to locate leaks sometimes...

Figured it was most likely the seal at the top of the doorframe judging by the wet seat...

Was messing around tonight trying to stick toilet paper under the top seal to see if there would be any wetness next time it rained that might give me some clues...

And only then did something make me turn on the ignition and check the window was fully closed...and the motor turned just for a split second....as the glass went up that last millimetre or so LOL :Foolish::Rolf:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Few things bud

Shin-etsu grease to get the seal soft, or any other rubber seal sealant.
    Rubber stoppers turn a few turn outwards.
    Check the rubber seal to see the plastic tabs are into the small holes in the door frame.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Seen some of this on ebay £32 ! a tube gen Honda not cheap..

4. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

SayamaAccord any fixes or suggestions? I would like to know a fix for this you never know. VW leaked like a sieve but that’s a different story.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It was just the window Mike...on the 7th Generation when it's not completely up you sometimes don't notice...window up now and no more leak :GoodJob:

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    My passats all leaked water, most common place they go was the pollen filter as the drain always block and they just fill up and then fill the passenger foot-well with water. Great but you don't know as there is a recess and a comfort control module in there in a tupperwear like box. That then gets wet and hey presto electrical mayhem! mega common fault - in US and Canada there was a recall but in tru VW Audi Group fashion UK was excluded. We had to just bend over and take it as VW tends to expect us to do. But hey I've got a Honda now so Happy Days :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice simple fix then cliff..