Pre-Facelift Model Water leakling into tailgate motor area

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Andacami, Sunday 10th Feb, 2013.

1. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts
    Hi,

Well, I know I did not go anywhere near this area when recently fitting my tow-bar electrics and I have noticed a bit of a leak for a while now. However, now it's getting silly. basically this morning I went to the boot and found a small puddle on the boot cover, it was dripping from the headlining as if the area where the the tailgate motor sits in the roof was a bowl of water! So is this coincidence or have I knocked something?

Any advice appreciated.

I'm gonna wait until it stops raining (as if...:Angry:) to take a closer look, starting with the roof bars and rain channels...

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i think the sunroof drain my run down this corner but you will have to pull the headlining down and visualy check that corner.

3. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts
    Ta, will do...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts
    Not had a proper look yet. Have to say that it seems dry now though :Unknown:

SWMBO is using it for the rest of the week and I'm off to Woodbridge to rag the Westfield round the track on Saturday. I suspect a jug of water and head-liner removal is the order of the day for Sunday.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Dude tracktime is more important than fixing your daily ride.. sod that! I know the feeling :vtec:

We need some camera action in your Westfield you got a mounted camera on your car we need to see your racing lines :Whistle:

8. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts
  9. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts