Body, Paint & Styling Water leaks in under steering wheel.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jonis, Saturday 5th Jan, 2013.

1. jonis New Member Getting Started

On my brothers Accord Tourer EX -09 , it leeks in water under the steering wheel when it stand in a hill.
    The front-windscreen has been changed.
    Also the Sunroof because of rust.
    Anyone know where it can come from and any fix for the problem?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jonis is the water outside the car or inside the car?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I assume it's inside the car.

Are you sure it's rain water ? Any smell of anti freeze ? If yes then this would indicate a coolant leak from the heater core.

If it's rain water then sit inside car with someone pouring water over different parts of the car with a hose pipe, whilst you look for leaks.

Also check the underside of the car for missing grommets or damage to floor.

4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Does this car have drain holes at the base of the screen that could have been blocked by overzelous use of sealent when bonding in the new screen?

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    as the winscreen has been replaced i would suspect the problem lies with that. was the screen replaced because of this leak or has the leak developed after its been replaced? I've not seen any water leaks from 8th Generation Accords as of yet so a leak arround the steering wheel sounds very strange indeed.