Service & Maintenance Water pump

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by BLUEONDA, Monday 8th Jun, 2015.

1. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi peeps. Anyone know the part number for a water pump for the 2.0 petrol 7th Generation also a picture of it would be great as there are several different ones. Thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I got this from Lings

water-pump.

19200RBB003
    (19200-RFE-003)
    PUMP COMP., WATER£120.89

It's item 5
    - - - Updated - - -
    What do you mean by "there are several different ones" ?

3. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate. Looks spot on.thought that was the one. Was looking on google for them and there were different ones on there. Appriciate that mate.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no gasket on the water pump so get the rubber o ring Item 6 if you but item 5 you get that included.

Make sure you get the mating surface on the engine super clean before replacing it with the new water pump. You will need to remove the crank pulley so without the proper tools this will be hard.

5. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How comes you have to remove the crank pulley? I thought it was just 6 bolts to remove from the water pump? Cheers

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I haven't replaced this pump I have seen it being done, yes the WSM tells you to remove the 6 bolts and that is it, but the Honda master technician working on my car removed the crank pulley.

I think its to do with the limited space with the inner fender and to top engine side mount, WSM don't tell you that :Smile:

7. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok thanks for letting me know. Will have a crack at it in the week and see how it goes :Smile:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just out of curiosity how have you determined your water pump has failed ?

9. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. Sounds rattly and grindy also when driving off i hear whistling. I've already changed the alternator and belt tensioner and also a new belt. I put a thin tube down by the water pump to listen and am pretty sure its coming from right behind it. can't see it being the crankshaft pulley or air con pump as its quiet there. When belt is off the noise is gone.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow you have been on a part swapping mode.. so were the alternator and belt tensioner all right since the noise still persisted and now narrowed down to the water pump?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I don't understand why the crank pulley needs to come off for the water pump to be replaced ?
    - - - Updated - - -
    @BLUEONDA why haven't you added your car to the Club Garage ?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its not gospel, this is what I saw. Removing the water pump when the engine is out is easier but not that easy when its sat in the bay.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You do have a point we must have asked half a dozen times in varouis threads @BLUEONDA don't you think its time to do it.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Aye, you'd be well cramped for space.