Detailing Waterless Wash and Wax - Your Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by RogerH69, Wednesday 25th Feb, 2015.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Anyone used Waterless Wash and Wax type products?
    They any good?
    Any particularly good / bad makes ?

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A strange reply, this...:Whistle:

I have no experience of any of these products, but my gut feel (and that is all it is!) is to avoid them. That may be totally unfair, but I just can't see how any of them can do the job with no paintwork damage.

wanner69 likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Same here @FirstHonda, to me it seems like a sure way to scratch up your paintwork.

It's totally the opposite principle of what good detailing techniques tell you to do.

wanner69 likes this.
  4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Avoid, they cannot be good for paintwork

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I use Quick Detailer all the time for quick wipe-downs or to remove something in a hurry like bird poo.

wanner69 likes this.
  6. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Avoid, just wash the car the way its meant to be washed

Nighthawk and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  7. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cassie Northamptonshire
    I use a waterless wash and wax after I've cleaned just to top up the wax/sealant element between proper details. I also find it useful if I've driven to an event/show just to give it a quick clean. Used properly it's worth the money.

I would never recommend to anyone to use this stuff as a proper clean job. You'd absolutely ruin your paint.

If anyone is interested, I use Poorboys QD+ ... great stuff, smells nice, good wax too up.

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    As it was such a nice day today (5 days leave and ONE sunny day....) I thought I'd go out and try my Williams Waterless Wash and Wax.

The car had been washed last week, so it wasn't too dirty, but there was enough dirt, bird poo and tree sap on her to be able to tell the difference between cleaned panels and dirty ones.

I must say I'm impressed with the results. A simple spray onto a panel at a time, and then wipe softly with a micro fibre cloth, and then buff with a separate micro fibre cloth The liquid really does seem to just pick up the muck, and it just sticks to the micro fibre cloth with a simple wipe.

I'm not going to use this in place of proper washing, but I think that as a quick detailer, its not bad.

20150406_163310.JPG

20150406_163325.JPG

20150406_163336.JPG

20150406_163347.JPG

20150406_163421.JPG

Last edited: Monday 6th Apr, 2015
    SpeedyGee and Nels like this.