Detailing Wax and Sealant

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 25th Mar, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I understand that a wax is a natural product whereas sealant is synthetic, but does anyone know that if I've used a decent wax on the car would I need to use a sealant as well? Is sealant better or is it just about the difference between how the duration that each one protects the car for? I can see this becoming an obsession....

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

In my experience wax tends to wear off fairly fast, after 1 or 2 washes, whereas sealant lasts longer, and protects also.

I use Meguairs NXT wax liquid, which is a sealant.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers, it's this stuff that I was using which seems to be ok, but time will tell I guess!

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Being Meguiars it should be good quality. Guess its a case of seeing how many washes it lasts before your paintwork feels rough again,

Detailing World is the best place for advice on this stuff.

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

1st the Sealant this will give the protection, 2nd the wax this will give a deeper shine and better beading.

6. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    As above really, no need for sealants and wax really because they are doing the same job, offering protection for your paint from the elements. If you do want to use both for extra durability then always sealant first then wax on top