Other Model We all make mistakes....

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Paul, Monday 19th Dec, 2011.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Below are a few pictures of my old Renault Clio. I decided to proper Max Power it up. I did the majority of the work myself which included:
    • Bodykit
    • Delocked
    • Smoothed Bonnet
    • Remote tailgate release
    • "Big Bore" Exhaust
    • Lowered up front and torsion bar at the rear
    • Alloy wheels
    • M3 Mirrors
    • Lexus clear lights
    • Respray in Pearlescent Jaguar block
    At the time I used to get loads of people turning their heads (most I admit probably to laugh). Now I wouldn't be seen dead in anything remotely like it! Enjoy the chaviness!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Monday 19th Dec, 2011
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think everyone goes through the moment of madness in their lives. I had a Rover Metro which has a short lifespan of 3 weeks before the head gasket gods wrecked everything.

By the way which power station is that in the back drop?

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Probably seemed like a good idea at the time...

Mind you I bet you learned loads doing the work on that car.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think it was somewhere like Kellingley (if thats such a place). It was out Pontefract way. I found it whilst having a drive and just snapped a few shots. I loved that car. When the timing belt went, luckily only two valves were bent which were quickly changed and I was back on the road. I wonder what happened to it in the end? The guy I sold it to had big visions of retriming the interior as I;d just left it standard. He mentioned TV's and alsorts!

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    flexin! i had a 306 slammed on its ass..........kind of miss it now ime driving a shed of a fiesta. rotherham pic. P1000227. P1000003. P1000230.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A mate of mine had a 306 and he loved it. I remember going to Showcase Cinema with him to watch a film. It was sooo icy and they'd not gritted the bottom car park. We parked the car up fine and on getting up and struggling to stand he slammed his door shut. As he did his car (with no one in it) started to slide down the car park sideways! It went about 20 foot and stopped luckily yards from another car. Close call!

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    as far as french cars go, i dare to say it but you caunt go too far wrong with a 306. never had a problem with it! and i gave it death!!! french cars in general are vile things but caunt say a bad thing about this one.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can't beat Japanese guys I run an M reg (18 year old) Toyota Carina E 1.6 xli estate.. It has 106000 miles on the clock one owner from new I use it 5 nights a week to travel to work and back approx 20 miles and to take my dog out as and when the weather is fine.apart from the general consumables it has had new starter motor, radiator, exhaust and front brake caliper. It starts first time every time has never failed an MOT and it's so much fun in the snow and ICE passing all these people in their beemers and range rover with big tyres struggling to move. My old girl just shuffles past them smokily ???
    But she's never let me down yet.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Japanese efficiency for you at a respectable price. no airs and bones about badges and snobbery.

A silent workhorse..who doesn't crave the limelight a bit like me. But I won't own your brand of car thou.:Frown:

10. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Everyone makes mistakes with cars, I did in my choice of first car. However I did learn a lot maintaining it.

hedleyf likes this.
  11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

306 looks well beefy I've always liked them esp when slammed like that :Smile:

12. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i do miss the thing if ime honnest! was a very tidy car and once i had it lifted back to 30mm it was easy to live with. did look good slammed 60mm though!

13. David Jackson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah - I had a Golf GTi 16v that I did all that to.
    Looked nice, and went well. Not sure the money was particularly well spent though; it pretty much consumed my student loan every term.

Attached Files:

14. Riptide Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I love seeing a 5 door hatchback that's been 'done' up, makes me smile.

15. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Do it yourself car projects are the best way to get to know your vehicle inside and out. And, sure sometimes they are learning experiences we look back on and regret. But the time spent doing the project is a priceless memory, something that shouldn't be shunned quickly.

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    We have all been there...

I used to race amiture - 2nd Generation 16V Golf and never had it in the deck as ruined the handling. Still love the 2nd Generation alot and banker fir another Ltd (bob home there) to date the only two cars I truly regret selling(forgive me on this CJ) are my old share Saudi coupe 20V Turbo in Pearl White and my Golf Ltd if any one knows what that was?? Damed rare car but fond on in the end nothing could though it at the time.

Oh regrets! :Smile:

Also had an xr3i and a xr4i both very heavily modded and used them for point to point racing with local club .
    Both eventuly had very sad endings one requiring a prolonged stay with secondry care friends :Smile: but hey I had loads of fun..