General We need a 4 x 4 !! Promotional Opportunity!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nauest, Monday 23rd Feb, 2015.

1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Hi Everyone!

In my time when I am not fixing my Honda, I am the president of the National Student Kitesurfing Association, we run the largest Kitesurfing Competition in the UK alongside the British Kite Sports Association (BKSA). I have a problem and you lot on HK seem to be a great bunch so I thought I would put it to you!

We are currently looking for a 4x4 vehicle to borrow for the event for the Judges to use while working at the Event.

I was wondering if anyone here is a Dealer owner or has any contacts that could help us?

We are happy to pay for vehicle expenses and can offer promotion for any company that can offer us a vehicle. We have a very tight budget as a not for profit so would love to avoid renting!

This is very short notice as our resident vehicle is currently broken! The Event is on the weekend of the 7th of March.

Our Current sponsors are:
    Red Bull - They are alerting bringing a big truck but it is needed elsewhere!
    Best Kiteboarding UK
    Flexifoil
    Spotify
    Kitemare
    514 Elemental

We have good working relationships with all of these brands and they have worked with them successfully for years. We would be happy to look at adding others.

We will also have some of the best kite surfers in the world attending the event to support us.

Please message me or give me a call if you can help!!

Cheers :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    The event is in North devon

Ichiban and PeteMM like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't want to sound negative but there are a few concerns to lending\borrowing vehicles for an organised event,The problem you face is a lot of personal car insurance do not provide cover for commercial events or sport related activities. Someone will have to go out of their way to get cover at their expense which of course you may not want to foot the bill..

Dealers will want to sponsor it but the process of getting that organised and get approval from all parties will take time but they too will want something in return.

3. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Understood, I wasn't expecting a privately owned vehicle for this job.

It is a long shot! We have been sponsored equipment including vehicles in the past. Thought I would just flag it up here.

We may have a lead with volvo, but like you say, there is a few hoops to jump through. We always have rental as a backup option.

4. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Thanks for your input guys, we have got it sorted Volvo Cars UK have stepped in and given us a brand new XC60. Should do the job well ( Ain't no Honda though :Smile: )

Cheers

Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff Volvo.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Pleased to see you've got this sorted.
    Good luck with the event.