1. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Raph Rico Jersey
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@sidPM-EG6 you can record the work you've done in this 'Project Log'

sidPM-EG6 likes this.
  3. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guyz just thought id create my "project log"
    Right so starting .. i got her in 2013 with 90k on the clock , engine belongs to the chassis OEM =D
    she was in great shape not much to point out.. and nothing to do body/paint wise..

this is how she looked like
    20130804_144533. 20130807_175556. .. :Smile:

Then i thought id get the first checkup service done minor things as she leaked a bit oil through the solenoid .. as very common on these engines
    20130807_191843. 20130807_191829. 20130807_191902.
    90k can't go wrong with real 90K miles ...

while we was at it i thought.. that manifold cover looks ugly all rusty give it a spray on lol
    20130808_212322. a bit "fresher" :Tongue: r

then i had this terrible thing with my beloved koyo rad it started leaking.. but anyways this pic is just to show the OEM intake box on with a pull out from the
    bumper .. which i prefer alot to those lousy filters
    1492033_10202170699822629_1118787022_o.
    then i dunno just thought it was too silent lool i got 4-1 headers ceramic coated.. :Smile: i can say this was a huge difference i felt in the car :Smile:
    1070235_10202719136413201_2082077987_o.

10001820_10202719135173170_1239221296_o.
    And then to substitute my beloved and expensive koyorad lool
    i got skunk2 alpha rad and hoses :Smile: looks gorgeous works gorgeous
    10172951_10202933081001682_1752118455_o. 10245015_10202934240750675_530173405_o. 10178815_10202934242070708_1566492716_o.

Then after that some i had some trouble with my ignition coil... sometimes it wud start sometimes it wudnt ..
    so i decided to get the "new" used ignition coil lol and i thought might aswell get her some spoon spark plugs . and spoon spark plug leads nice combo huge throttle response difference..a bit more thirsty for petrol too though lool
    But looks beautiful on the bay those leads gotta say :Smile:
    l 10327944_10203082828945287_1491603214_o. 10423344_10203300542507990_170474724_n.
    Btw forget to tell about shes sitting on KW coilovers and i got hel braided brake lines too =D

20150920_204658. 20150920_204642.
    Then i took a break from mods only thing i did was tint the windows..and i left her looking like that for nearly 2years.. ofc she was fully serviced :Smile: and was recently serviced with toda racing timing belt OEM waterpump koyo bearing all the OEM sealants/seals etc..

10425537_10203290707742127_1055280897_n.

and now .. well now shes in the garage and this year 2016 im planning on doing a couple things
    and i thought id keep you up with it..
    its a long time project... theres no rush in it.. as iv got my shitty car to drive around.. so now im kinda focusing on details and the rest of stuff
    like engine bay mild wire tuck ...
    So yeah i thought it wud be time for me to start on it :Smile:
    so here she is about to get out.. i have to say i thought alot about doing this as this engine had never been removed before since factory and im pretty sure about that cuz of the service history and i could just tell thats was all OEM.
    nearly out

here she is out
    16122015008. 16122015011. 16122015010.
    As u can see the engine bay is grey.. that was the OEM colour of the car
    So now that shes out im gna start .. ABS delete.. and some mild wire tuck.. and painting the bay white aswell :Smile:
    and as she also needs a new steering rack im gna probly go manual steering rather than this crappy power steering..
    but like i say this is a long time project.. so i will be editing or posting the updates and mods here =D

heres a pic i found out, how she looked like back in the days :Smile:

10401045_37838203102_6887_n. 10401045_37838208102_7202_n.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I forgot.. a couple things up up and i can't manage to find the edit button lol

So yeah heres couple things iforgot

-I got competition clutch stage something can't remember. but its those 6 puck paddle clutch and yeah hate to say.. its amazing but its a gearbox breaker..
    i broke 2 y21gearboxes open differential ruined.. completely destroyed.. Ill post some pics of it tmorrow lool b

-So i got s9b gearbox with LSD that was wht i can say to be the biggest mod iv done to the car recently.. unfortunately i have no pics of the process. But all i can say is that it hasnt broke since.. and its amazing to drive with limited slip differential .. although its got 4th gear and 5th gear very long but i can still hit 140/145mph .. =D

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 2nd Jan, 2016
    K24 CL9 GUY and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good work there @sidPM-EG6, thanks for posting up a Project Log.

Just one thing, this should all go in your cars Club Garage Project Log, see this link http://hondakarma.com/threads/weekend.18696/ so it will be linked with you Garage entry. I can move it there if you like.

I've also edited your post to make top few pictures flow better and text easier to read. I notice you got the hang of things after a few pictures :Smile:

See this thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/rank-titles-and-premium-members.10513/ about Ranks and Titles. You can edit your own posts once you cross the 25 posts mark. So go get involved in the forum and get your post count up so that you can edit.

Out of curiosity, you said you were going to do an ABS delete ? Is that just to make the engine bay tidier ?

Don't forget to let me know if you want me to move this thread over to you cars Club Garage entry.

sidPM-EG6 likes this.
  5. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

before anything, Thank You very much for tidying the post :Smile:
    I think im gettin there now =D
    And Please if u can move it to the Club Garage , as im kinda struggling to do it lool

And answering to the ABS delete..
    Ofc it makes the engine bay tidier and u save a few pounds of weight and an extra pump cuttin plus an extra liter of oil.
    But tbh with you... main reason i never liked the honda ABS system is, as it kicks in either to early or either too late.. as per example a road with a bit of gravel or even a slippery wet road. wud pop in the ABS immediately,
    IMO, i can control better my cars brakes with my foot than with ABS on.. reason i had pulled out the ABS fuse for nearly a year. And i can say its a better feeling. better braking control and u can take ur brakes to the limit untill it actually skids .

But i am Not recommending anyone to Not use ABS, it may be dangerous to some unexperienced drivers, and lousy tyres.. lousy roads... or even to anyone who just has never drove a car without ABS or that may hit the brake too hard by instinct.
    I shud remind she's sitting on 16" wheels, with yokohama paradas 205-45 and K&W Coilovers, Brembro max discs and brembo pads and braided brake hoses. which makes her stick "glued" to the floor .

Safety is always a Must!

C u guyz around :Smile:

legend-ary likes this.
  6. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iv Only found this out Now lool =D
    I think SpeedyGee is gna take care of moving my project log to this section :Smile:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Done
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ah yeah that is a good point.

sidPM-EG6 likes this.
  8. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here we go guyz starting my "mild" wire tuck :Smile: Also im(my mates are helping) sanding down the engine bay.. slowly to get it painted
    on the right side nearly done already through fender

"Finished on the right side
    DSCN1184.JPG
    DSCN1189.JPG
    Now starting on the left side.. a bit more wires than on the right side.. cuz of the washer bottle etc..
    DSCN1186.JPG
    DSCN1187.JPG
    DSCN1188.JPG

gave the heart a lil clean up :Smile: getting slowly prepared for painting the block too
    DSCN1191.JPG

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good going man ! I've done a couple of K Swaps in EG's so been through all this.

Loving the progress, keep the updates rolling :Smile:

sidPM-EG6 and legend-ary like this.
  10. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks buddy will be updating this deffo ,
    its a slow project so not in a rush just wanting things to be nice n clean.

heres a few more pics
    Im not too sure about keeping the stock intake mani or going for an upgrade.. if i go with head upgrade too(cams springs etc) i will probly buy like a skunk2 mani or sumthin
    But i was bored so i started on it lol
    not finished yet but just gave it a quick scrub and wash.. its gettin there.. i need a dremmel now to get to the tight spots :Smile:

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  11. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Updating this guyz.. hope u all lot been doin fine :Smile:

Since i hadnt started interiors of the car... But iv nearly finished the engine bay in what involves wiring/deleting things etc..
    Iv got all the interiores out :Frown:

DSCN1218.JPG DSCN1215.JPG

DSCN1223.JPG
    Now next step on the engine bay is gettin subframe and that steering rack out. send it to refurbish/reconstruction. So i can convert it to manual steering.
    And then i can start with washing,sanding and finally painting..
    I managed to get the ABS delete 100%done in the bay . as i was having some issue with 1 brake line.
    For Info if anyone needs. I used stock ABS brake lines. And used a 30/30 proportioning valve. out of an EG3. Doesnt look bad.. But im still thinkin about movin it somewhere else..
    heres a pic of the prop valve
    DSCN1224.JPG

I also finished the air thingie delete..
    Only Thing needed is to Loop the 2 Hoses that comes out the block. to the air system.
    Tidier lighter and, nothing behind the dash .. :Smile: I need a lid for it though ...
    DSCN1225.JPG

And then finally some pics from the interior.. all this just to delete airbags ECU and wiring, And ABS ECU and its full wiring.. Which is still Being tricky, because of wires from ABS joining together wiv the actual cars wiring.. If anyone has done it before let me know please..
    more specifically
    The ABS systems ECU is on the right side(drivers) of the car , and the ABS wiring loom is all those orange plugs.
    Thing is some of the orange plugs give contunuity/connect to the actual cars wiring loom.. So iv already had to adapt one that comes from the ABS plug straight to the taillights... that is ok i suppose if anything ill just get em together.

im kinda skeptical bout doin this as im not 100%sure about those wires.. but iv tagged them just in case i gotta out them back on lol :Smile:

DSCN1227.JPG DSCN1226.JPG DSCN1212.JPG DSCN1213.JPG DSCN1211.JPG

anyways if anyone has done this process plzlet me know

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Making good progress @sidPM-EG6 :Thumbup:

No sorry, not done this step myself.
    Did you mean 70/30 ?

sidPM-EG6 likes this.
  13. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No its actually a 30/30 prop valve.
    it was taken from a EDM LHD 1992 if im not mistaken honda eg3 with d13 engine . no ABS no power steering. with ac though..if it helps for any future reference..

And thanks for keepin up btw :Smile:

14. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Alright guyz iv done a couple more things..
    iv managed to get the fusebox inside and situated in a way that when i fully open my glovebox i can check on thefuses.. :Smile: happydays
    And also i got the battery inside and well attached and situated

DSCN1231.JPG
    DSCN1235.JPG

Also started sanding down and filling up the right side of the engine bay.. gettin prepared to paint it soonish.. maybe in a week or two weeks time :Smile:

DSCN1234.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Btw the interior wiring at the back is sorted .. atleast i think it is.. i will have to test it once its all done obvsly.. lol
    hopefully it will be fine
    Now only thing left is try and sort a bit out of the wiring thats behind the dash but its bein a real pain..
    DSCN1232.JPG

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ah yes fuse box inside the glove box with a hole cut in the glove box for the wiring, I remember doing that on the two K Swaps I've done.

I see that you have stuck with a big sized battery not one of those puni mini batteries, good move, those tiny ones are a real pain and go flat easily.

16. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    great work @sidPM-EG6
    interesting location of the battery but ofcourse having all the masses contained within the wheelbase will do wonders for the handling. keep us posted as I doubt many of us can attempt such amazing transformations but it gives motivation to see enthusiasts really going after the seemingly impossible. :Niceone:

17. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I rather stick with my stock varta, they last a "lifetime" I managed to get it attached with the stock battery holder. just had to drill 1 tiny hole. nothing major.
    So happy days :Smile:

Have u got any of those k swaps posted atthe forum? it wud be good to have a look at them :Wink:
    And btw speedy gee yesterday i tried uploading a guide in the guides section .. i wasnt able to.. am i restricted to it or was it just bugging?

Thank you buddy. yeh i was going to stick in the trunk. but i thought in the middle wud be better to balance the weight and not having to extend too many wires. so i kept the original length on all the wires. apart from one. the positive cable from the fusebox.
    Its a shame not seeing anymore of these projects here posted :Smile:
    i wud rly like to see some to get more ideas etc.. iv been checkin on the american forums they are way ova the top with mods..lol

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

They aren't on the forum as they weren't my cars. The last one I did is fully covered in this months Jap Performance Magazine. I'll try get some pics.

Could be that you only have a post count of 14 at the moment.

19. sidPM-EG6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Decent! id like to see them too :Smile:
    Im gona try and get a few more posts .. iv got some honda manuals to post up on the guides section. they were given away free to honda owners. and now they are hard to find. and some people sell them online. which is a ripoff. i managed to get hold of alot of them.

Btw this is what iv got goin on in the garage atm :Smile: ( ignore the mess and the 4x4 write off lol )

On the left red eg6 b16 ;at the back my white eg6 b16 , and on the right delsol b16

DSCN1228.JPG

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Here's the last, top right hand corner K24 EG

K24_eg_jap_perf_mag.

sidPM-EG6 and legend-ary like this.