Weight distribution

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by Eck, Tuesday 19th May, 2015.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone know weight distribution, back to front side to side of Jazz?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say with a fully laden tank on a normal petrol engine it will be 60:40 on a IMA I can easily say it's 50:50.

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Found out on data sheets on other site it varies front to back 60/40, to 62/38 dependant on model.
    No info on side to side.
    - - - Updated - - -
    From other site dependant on model varies from 60/40 to 62/38 front to back. Not including IMA.
    No info on side to side

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CVT gearboxes are heavier from their manual version by 10 kgs. So you can see they variation on weight distribution BTW why do you ask this question what is the goal ? Any driver who drives their car in a spirited mode will quite easily get the feel of the weight of any car when pushed and heavy braking.

5. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just replacing trolley jack, Jazz will be last car I do any work on, even limited now to oil changes, wheel rotation, the simple things.
    Old jack developed leak due to what looks like a casting defect, amazing after many years.
    Changed to lightweight 1.5 ton, low access. Should cover all my needs and most other 'visitng' small jobs.