Media West Midlands meet - RAF Cosford 22nd May 2016

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by jimjams, Tuesday 10th May, 2016.

1. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    wm_map.

RAF COSFORD is just off junction 3 of the M54 (M54 can be seen in the above map heading west from the M6 towards Telford),
    Postcode = TF11 8UP

There is a glass-fronted "visitor centre" with a "restaurant" (more like a cafeteria) which is open all day but only serves hot food from 12pm to 2:30pm. The aircraft are in 3 large hangars which you get to via the visitor centre, the latter being adjacent to the car park.

RAF Cosford is open from 10am to 5pm, seven days a week. Admission is free, there is a very large car park, but there is a charge for car and motorbike parking (£3 for 3 hours or less, and £4 otherwise). Note that M6 Toll will be more than car parking so if M6 Toll is on your route, IMO use A5 or M6.
    RAF Cosford car parking page Parking charges | Plan your day | Cosford | RAF Museum

I suggest that we aim to arrive at the car park at about 11 to 11:30 and go into the visitor centre at about 12:00. You don't have to come in a Honda either, especially as we will all be chatting about cars in general and life in general.

With 3 days left here is the current list

Definite
    @jimjams - Brian (aka Jim)
    @Sybil Fawlty - Mim
    @Racy Jace - Jason + 2
    @Harvey - Gareth
    @MickyB - Mick + 1
    @K24 CL9 GUY - Guy + 2

Maybe
    @Nels - JD
    @Mike c - Mike
    @Bo_ - Bo
    @rimmo - Charlie
    @philjory - Phil

Notes
    -Nobody will be criticised for turning up unannounced, but feel free to state your inclusion in advance.
    -Nobody will be critciised for saying they are definite and then not turning up, but feel free to state your amendment of the list in advance.
    -This is a simple meeting venue with no upfront costs involved for anyone.

Please do not post in this thread unless you definitely or maybe intend to come, and then only if you have direct questions e.g. about the arrival time or the food in the restaurant. If you have comments about the title or the map etc please use the other "bun fight" thread.

Last edited: Friday 20th May, 2016
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    jimjams likes this.
  3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

108933_wm_map.

RAF COSFORD is just off junction 3 of the M54 (M54 can be seen in the above map heading west from the M6 towardsTelford),
    Postcode = TF11 8UP

There is a glass-fronted "visitor centre" with a "restaurant" (more like a cafeteria) which is open all day but only serves hot food from 12pm to 2:30pm. The aircraft are in 3 large hangars which you get to via the visitor centre, the latter being adjacent to the car park.

RAF Cosford is open from 10am to 5pm, seven days a week. Admission is free, there is a very large car park, but there is a charge for car and motorbike parking (£3 for 3 hours or less, and £4 otherwise). Note that M6 Toll will be more than car parking so if M6 Toll is on your route, IMO use A5 or M6.
    RAF Cosford car parking page Parking charges | Plan your day | Cosford | RAF Museum

I suggest that we aim to arrive at the car park at about 11 to 11:30 and go into the visitor centre at about 12:00. You don't have to come in a Honda either, especially as we will all be chatting about cars in general and life in general.

With 3 days left here is the current list

Definite
    @jimjams - Brian (aka Jim)
    @Sybil Fawlty - Mim
    @Racy Jace - Jason + 2
    @Harvey - Gareth
    @MickyB -Mick + 1
    @K24 CL9 GUY - Guy

Maybe
    @Nels - JD
    @Mike c - Mike
    @Bo_ - Bo
    @rimmo - Charlie
    @philjory - Phil

Notes
    -Nobody will be criticised for turning up unannounced, but feel free to state your inclusion in advance.
    -Nobody will be critciised for saying they are definite and then not turning up, but feel free to state your amendment of the list in advance.
    -This is a simple meeting venue with no upfront costs involved for anyone.

Please do not post in this thread unless you definitely or maybe intend to come, and then only if you have direct questions e.g. about the arrival time or the food in the restaurant. If you have comments about the title or the map etc please use the other "bun fight" thread.

Just added a definite

Last edited: Thursday 19th May, 2016
  4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I see all info I require is here, brilliant :Thumbup: I am going to come along with the family so will see you all there :excited:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Thursday 19th May, 2016
    jimjams, MickyB and Nels like this.
  5. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Change me to a definite as have full green light :Happy:

jimjams, MickyB and Nels like this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Done

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Before I disappear into obllivion at my reunion later today. Are we meeting up somewhere first or just going straight to Cosford?

8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm aiming to get to the Car Park at 11:00 to 11:30, then head to the restaurant/cafe in the visitor centre about 12:00.

"path" down the A41 from M54 junction 3.
    Cosford_3.

"path" from the A41 through the village of Cosford
    Cosford_4.

Car Park - just drive in and park, maybe where the "pin" is (although that area may already have other cars there) and/or look for other people who are "hanging around in the car park". Visitor centre (restaurant/cafe) is adjacent to car park on the west side, people may be "hanging around" in there if you arrive after 12:00 (don't forget to get a car park ticket from a meter before you go into the visitor centre). You walk out the back of the vistor centre to get to the hangars.
    Cosford_5.

If anyone does arrive late, pay for the parking at a meter, look for about 10 people hanging around in the restaurant/cafe in the visitor centre, or hanging around in a hangar. No throwing of food allowed (glad to see the other thread finally met its demise)

K24 CL9 GUY and MickyB like this.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had a question but then realised you put the link up:clap:
    Dooooh

Last edited: Saturday 21st May, 2016
  10. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

If I'm late you will hear me coming :gotcha: hoping this crappy weather does its worst today and is dry tomorrow atleast :agree:

MickyB, jimjams and Harvey like this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Guys don't kill me for being the irrelevant person posting in this thread but take a lot of pics!!! :Niceone: Enjoy!

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My nikon d7100 is already on charge for tomorrow with the mem cards being cleared. I hope it stops raining as I wanna wash me motor.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We might get arrested for spying taking photographs on an RAF Establishment???

14. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Oh no :-(

MickyB likes this.
  15. Sybil Fawlty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mim Hereford
    Should we have a number to call in case someone (might be me) gets lost?

jimjams, Harvey, MickyB and 1 other person like this.
  16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am sure you will be fine, have you got a sat nav?

jimjams likes this.
  17. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like I've persuaded my auntie to come in her Civic as well.

legend-ary and jimjams like this.
  18. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Although there is ATC activity there, the area open to the public is a museum, there is no operational RAF activity anywhere there in any sense at all. The reason it's still called "RAF Cosford" is historic, and basically because it's not army or navy LOL

I have thought of sending my number to everyone by PM, but then what happens if I don't get there LOL

Harvey and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  19. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Looks like mine is staying dirty as the rain here didn't let up :-(

jimjams and Harvey like this.
  20. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine got a bath today, but only just.

Ichiban and K24 CL9 GUY like this.