Off-Topic Wet Razors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Wednesday 8th Aug, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I recently started using a proper razor again as it gives a much better shave than my Philishave although I sometimes still use the Philishave during the week when I am pushed for time.

I started off with twin blade disposables but then bought the Asda own brand 5-bladed razor plus 12 heads with ceramic coated blades for £13 and it has been brilliant, really smooth with no skin cuts whatsoever, and I'm going to see if each head can last a month.

Anyone got any other recommendations either to use or to steer clear?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have always had a wet shave ,a bit of traditionalist but I stay well clear of Gillette as I get a better shave with Wilkinson. Gillette do themselves no favour as their razors prices are extortionate:What:. Wilkinson is the same type blade and cheaper and for me does a better shave than a Gillette

Never used throw away ones so can't say.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Which WS do you use, the Hydro 5?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have not gone to Hydro 5 yet still stuck on Wilkinson Sword Quattro, Nivea Sensitive Hydro Gel & Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I personally use twin blade disposables. I think they are Wilkinson but they are damn cheap and last ages. I've used them for years and had no shaver rash or anything.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've recently changed from a Gillette to the Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 and just can't believe how good it is.

Blades are cheaper and last longer, quality of shave so much better. Wilkinson Sword for me from now on!

Ichiban likes this.
  7. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use Gillette sensor twin blades and I'm happy enough with those. I tend to get razor burn regardless of the make or amount of blades if I shave everyday, so now I just shave twice a week.

8. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I'm with Paul,

I use some cheap twin blades but from Tesco's. 10 pack for around 40p. I use each one for about 2 or 3 shaves and I tell you what, never had any problems.

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Use Gillete fusion for me shaving me head have to agree blades are a rip off and don't last that long either!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here bud Gillette has been binned for good WSH5 is better in all aspects and a lot cheaper.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Just grow a beard guys its easier ! LOL

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I use Lidl's two blade disposable razors. I find their shape is perfect for shaving to top lip around the nostrils. Others seem to be unable to get close enough.

I have been looking for the old type safety razor but haven't seen any in the shops. I know you can get one from Amazon for just over twenty pounds, but that seems expensive for such a simple thing. I saw some Wilkinson Sword twin edge razor blades in Boots, but I'm not sure if they are for such a safety razor.

13. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use the old school style cut throat razor's, snap a blade in half pop it in and off u go and it's a much closer shave then any branded double triple or any other razor I think plus it only cost me a fiver of eBay with 10 blades.

Tho you do have to be very careful or ul end up with cuts everywhere!

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Brave man I had a shave by single blade by a barber in India whilst on holiday. It was the best shave ever,finished off with a rub down with ICE cold alum.
    perfect shave

15. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cj there is technique in shaving with a cut throat razor and once u master it u will never go back.... try it

16. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Safety razor all the way, I won't use anything else! My regular is a Gillette Superglide, it's just the right weight for me and as added bonus was manufactured in 1978 - same as me! I use Arko shaving soap, this can be applied straight to the face and then prepared using a decent brush. My favourite blade is the Derby Extra. I can do a proper shave in three passes, this takes about 15 mins. To finish I rinse with cold water, go over the face with a Alum block, rinse again and apply cream of choice. Only way to do it!

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Time is biggest enemy I am not a morning person and that means waking up at the crack of dawn half asleep. I am lethal when I awake armed up with single blade well may have more than a minor accident. I may have to shave at work ? Lol
    patience is also much need skill in my book ..which I lack too :Blushing:

may be one day when I have struck by lightning or hell freezes over.

18. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In that case Cj it's best if you stick to what you use now lol

19. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Let H do it, just pick your moment :Smile:

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah she will have that blank cheque ready ..sign or else.