Off-Topic What´s the last gadget you bought? ..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ACC-CDI-2T, Tuesday 3rd Feb, 2015.

1. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    .. and how do you like it?

aahhm, o.k, I will start ... mine is a simple car gadget - Always been missing a indoor display for temperature
    and alternator (charging) voltage in my 7th Generation, I just bought this small "Carchet" Temperature - Voltage
    Gauge for the cigarette lighter :Smile: :

61GZ8H9sSRL__SL1000_. 61VBVyHtgdL__SL1000_.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Neat !

4. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Now it´s your turn, what you waste your money for? :Icecream::toy::Violin::trampoline::maddriver::toy:

Last edited: Thursday 5th Feb, 2015
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Not car related but I've just bought this:

Was considering the ones with built in hard drives and also the WD one but I've got a spare external drive so for £20 it made more sense then spending £80+ for one with a hard drive. The WD received mixed reviews especially about the menu interface and boot etc.

I've been using a Lenovo tablet to play films for my son straight onto the TV via HMDI (I use a three way HDMI splitter with buttons for quick shifting between Virgin, DVD player and Tablet). Saves having to keep putting the DVDs which also end up scratched. But recently I've noticed some corruption appearing during playback, perhaps the tablet is overheating or something. Plus I'm limited to 32GB built in memory and 32GB SD card so not a huge amount of storage for 720p (no point doing 1080p because the tablet display only supports up to 720p and even though my TV goes to 1080p I'd rather get more videos on for the sake of a little quality). Besides, I want to use the tablet for its other features. Will still use it as a media player for long road trips though.

Should receive it tomorrow and hard drive already prepared. The hard drive is only 500GB but compared to 64GB I can now load all my films and other stuff on also :Smile:

6. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I got a Sniffer last week

51p2GtU8pCL.

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Hooked the media player up and it's a brilliant little thing! Responsive and easy menu system, picture quality is great and is tiny lol For £20 odd quid well worth it.

Also got one of those voltage devices and is very handy as a rough guide. The rate the voltage drops when you turn the ignition on is scary but then I guess a lot of things are powering up. Starts off at 12.7v but within 10 seconds I'm down to 11.8v. When running it sits at a steady 14.2v.

Going to charge my battery today as I do a lot of short runs and it's been a while since the last charge.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

My C-TEK battery charger. Brilliant :Smile:

IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0024.JPG

Nels and ACC-CDI-2T like this.
  9. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought a couple of 16GB USB sticks off Amazon on Wednesday, still not received them thanks to Yodel...

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My next day media player from Amazon was late also. It was yodel as well.

11. Skooshbag Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Lee Dumfries
    Last gadget I bought was a coral pink nintendo 3DS for my daughters birthday in april, before that, a slimline Playstation Vita for my birthday a couple weeks ago

12. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    Ooo. I like this.

I got replacement fans for my video card. A video card... you remember, one of the things that fits in the computer box... the box... the peripheral component that holds the ray tubes and punch cards... no?

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 19th Feb, 2015
  13. Skooshbag Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Lee Dumfries
    the thing that brings the outside world inside

Bones126 and SpeedyGee like this.
  14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    My latest gadget is a Linx 10 tablet with a keyboard origami case. I paid £179 for it (yes I know I can get it cheaper, but I don't like having to wait for my toys - I want them NOW, and no-one else had immediate stock available), and considering that it comes with Windows 8.1 (yes it is the 'with Bing' version, but it still NOT Windows RT, so runs all apps properly), the (actually pretty good) keyboard with integrated 'origani stand case', as well as Office 265 for a year, it is actually a really good deal.

The tablet boots up pretty quickly, and has 32GB of storage plus a MicroSD slot, and a mini-HDMI port. I'm glad to see it has a fully functioning USB OTG port too, which works great with a USB HUB.

The amazing thing is that the Windows 8.1 system files only take up 4GB of space. The reason for this is that it uses WIMBoot, and most of your Windows files are not sitting on the C: drive itself, but rather within the recovery partition.

15. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    My latest gadget is a 3D DLP projector. I received it yesterday and am really impressed with how well it works, considering the price I paid. It's an Acer P1173.

The fans on the projector are dead quiet, though this may be due to settings on the projector, as it does seem to get very hot - I'll have to check the settings. Either way, the projected image is very good, and the projector supports ceiling mounting, auto keystone, as well as flipping image horizontally and vertically (required great for when ceiling mounting upside down).

It does not come with 3D glasses, but I got a compatible cheapish set online. I am very impressed with the depth that you actually get using this projector. Highspeed action sequences can be a little 'jumpy', but I'm not sure if this is hte laptop I am playing it on, the codec used to rip the movie, or the projector - I'll have to give it a test with a proper 3D BluRay player at some stage.

The projector is very configurable, even allowing you to specify the colour of the wall you are projecting onto (choice of 5 colours) so that it can adjust the image accordingly).

All in all, pretty impressed with the projector, so I'll be mounting it permanently and add it to my media center setup, so that I can switch to it on demand.

Way cheaper than buying a 60 inch 3D telly, and it's portable :Smile:

16. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    HTC M9. Very very nice phone. Not had a new phone for 4 years. Thought I'd best catch up.

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Not so much of a gadget but I've just replaced the crappy 5,200rpm HD in my aging laptop with a new 512GB SSD drive. Despite only having 2GB ram and an older processor it's almost like a new laptop, I just love the difference SSD's make to a computer. Got a new battery also as the old one only lasted about 25 minutes lol £15 for a much higher capacity one compared to God knows how much for a new Dell battery.

Another gadget just bought is a 4 Channel mobile 500GB DVR unit and four 700TVL bullet cameras along with a Power Magic Pro and add-a-circuits. The DVR has 3G and GPS so you can track it and also view the video footage live from the office! If it's reliable we may replace all the TomTom fleet tracking with these instead, although I'm not sure how comprehensive the reporting will be as I believe TomTom can do all sorts of clever tricks with fuel monitoring etc.

18. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Im going to be upgrading my HTC one mini for an M9. Any complaints about the M9 yet?

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For a regular user there's very little difference from what I've read. Unless you plan on rooting and installing customs ROMS and such then I'd go for a M8 with cheaper monthly cost.

EDIT: I've had a M8 for the past year, got it on release day.

20. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    My brother in law sold his CR-V I-CTDI and gave it to me as a present – I´m sure it will become my personal gadget of the year: :trampoline:

A DTE-Systems Pedalbox V3.0 for my CN: PedalBox: The PedalBox - Gaspedal Tuning Ansprechverhalten Gaspedal

It doesn’t lead to a increase in power or maximum speed, but to a fascinating improvement of throttle response, it really let me smile. I know it´s self deception, but this little box makes you believe your stable has got twenty five horses plus over night … she mercilessly hangs better on the throttle. You can choose from 21 different modes / characteristic curves – my favourite power level is the “sport” mode plus 2-3 level, it fits perfectly with the I-CTDI - the “Sport +” mode is to much of a good thing.

The Installation was really easy (you must pull the plug of the App-Sensor, the box gets activated between)The only disadvantage is the short cable length - so I fixed the control Panel with a transparent sleeve in the engine compartment ( instead in the drivers compartment ..)