Suspension, Steering and Brakes What a week...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by gazz, Wednesday 15th May, 2013.

1. gazz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys and Gals,

Took the car in for MOT last Friday at a garage that had undertaken a 40 point check in Feb.

It failed on exhaust leak and OS lower suspension arm. I gummed up the exhaust (am replacing in June via Alunox in Wrexham) and replaced the lower suspension arm. Car then failed the re-test due to issue with drop link and split pin issues. Fixed all up last night, new drop link and inserted split pin properly.

Decided to take it to another garage (long story), and they have failed it on the lower ball joint on the NS. This was not picked up by the first garage.

Anyhow, I have order ball joint for the NS...just wondered if it is a tricky job and if anyone has any write ups?

Hope everyone is well.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not done one myself but it needs to be pressed out ideally. Take the lower arm off and take it somewhere to be pressed out and a new one pressed in.

Or you try and hammer it out yourself if you really fancy but personally I would take it somewhere.