Suspension, Steering and Brakes What am I missing?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Westman, Saturday 18th Jul, 2015.

1. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    image. image.
    Hi all
    Rear of both wheel arches rarther large holes! Presumably should have plastic covers? Anybody know what they would be called so I can search scrappy database..
    Thanks JPR
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just read my own post!, Should have said rear section of front wheel arches.
    Cheers
    JPR

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Looking at the pictures, the 'lip' that rubbers / plastic covers would go on does not go all the way around, so they would slip off. This leads me to believe there's nothing missing ? Disclaimer - I am new to this stuff, and just giving my thoughts :Smile:

While waiting for an expert to respond. it may help to look at a place like Partsbase.org's Honda Catalogue to see if you can see what might be missing.

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I don't think you are missing anything, thats the end of the EPS which you can see there. If you were missing any parts there, you would know about it, you would either have a serious issue with your steering or with your suspension.

The missus Civic is the same, huge massive gap at the same place as yours.

4. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Doh!!!
    I feel a bit stupid now!
    It's just that the rest of the wheel arch was coloured a light shade of British mud and there is a distinct outline of a (non muddy) painted area..

ATB
    JPR

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    LOL no need to feel stupid. It was a valid question.

6. djberney Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought the same when I bought mine. I have got some other plastic trim missing but not had chance to check the local yards.